Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Re: Create a Hero Theme Team!

Kurt Colson has been a member of many bands and been kicked out of most of him. Down on his luck, he sold everything but his last guitar. He decided to rebuild himself into the best guitar player in the world. That led to secret techniques to enhance his playing.

Kurt joined the nine to search for more songs and stories. He doesn't even mind he's more famous as the Guitar Man than as his real name.

CES

I like the wandering theme. Let's go farther afield.

Seven heroes were caught in a teleportation accident and blasted across the universe to a strange planet. They have no way of getting home and have decided to help the natives as much as possible.

They are the Shooting Stars, the best humanity has to offer.

CES

Oscar Colotti is the magician known as Baseline. His ability to sense living energy and harness it led him to the discovery that the planet they have arrived on is living and hostile to other forms of life.

Baseline shows the natives where they can build to avoid trouble with the planet, and the signs to look for when the planet is grumpy

CES

Sue Starn is the leader of the Shooting Stars. She has pored over tactics and field conditions, trained in different fighting styles, and learned her enemies abilities for most of her life. This allows her to lead her team in quelling threats before they become dangerous to those around them.

That's why they call her the Captain.

Tony Hayes is the The Slugger. He combines his love for Baseball with taking his bat to Enemys.

He also wields several gimmicked Baseballs. (Concussive Grenades, Flash Bangs and such) and is determined to keep Louisville save.

(I know that a Baseball Bat is called a Louisville Slugger so I asume thats a fitting Idea. Just don`t ask me about Baseball. I still have no Idea how it is playes. :D )

Anna Smith is the Priestess. She brings her love of God and God's love to all. She even brings with her the gift of foregiveness and of compassion. She has a smile that can light up a city let alone a room. She wants to hunt down the Intolerant and redeem them all. This despite he fact that she was the one that was attacked and beaten up the most by them.

"I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL!!"

And she did. Passionately, as she loved all things. She loved the terror of the storm as much as the grace of the rainbow, she loved the innocence of children and the sly cunning lust of the men who pursued her for their desire told her that she, too, was part of the beauty and wonder of all things. And she sang of love, and she was heard by those from beyond this world who had power to dub her the Knight of Love

Paladin Benatar

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

14 DEX 12 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

13 CON 6 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

10 COM 0 11-

5/10 PD 2 Total: 5/10 PD (0/5 rPD)

5/10 ED 2 Total: 5/10 ED (0/5 rED)

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 REC 0

26 END 0

25 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 57

Movement:

Running: 5"/10"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 3"/6"

Cost Powers END

4 Youre a heartbreaker Dream maker, love taker Don't you mess around with me! : Skill Levels +3 to EGO Rolls (6 Active Points); Limited Power Only to resist Interaction Skills (-1/2)

7 Sanctuary, give me some protection : Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1

7 Whatcha' tryin' a do to my head? : Mental Defense (10 points total)

5 What are ya tryin' a do to my head? : Mental Awareness

10 Whatcha' tryin' a do to my soul? : Power Defense (10 points)

3 You got every advantage when they put out the lights : Nightvision (5 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2)

2 It's not so pretty when it fades away Cause it's just an illusion in this passion play : Detect A Class Of Things: Illusions and Images 13- (Unusual Group) (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 1

26 One day every eye will see truth before the light. Let it be done right now : Dispel 12d6, any illusion or image type power one at a time (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4) 4

20 Love is the light, shining over every mountain top : Dispel Darkness 12d6 (36 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4) 4

5 Firewalkers feel no pain from the coals : (Total: 13 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Fireproof I Armor (0 PD/4 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (7 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Only Works Against Fire or Heat (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Fireproof II +4 ED (4 Active Points); Linked (Fireproof I; -1/2), Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Only Works Against Fire or Heat (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) plus Fireproof III Life Support (Safe in Intense Heat) (2 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Linked (Fireproof I; -1/2) (Real Cost: 1) 1

9 He'd speak in unknown languages She'd translate every word : Universal Translator 14- (21 Active Points); Only When Serving Love's Purposes (-1/2), Limited Power Conversations only, not reading and writing. (-1/2), Conditional Power Modified by "The Love Factor" - i.e. friendly speech is easily communicated, angry speech would be gibberish. (-1/4)

12 He could not make things possible But, she could make them holy, holy... : Change Environment - Sanctify to Love 8" radius, -1 OCV, Long-Lasting 1 Hour, Conforming (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Only when serving Love's purposes (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Paladin Skill Roll (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 4

Talents

4 Hit me with your best shot!: Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED) (6 Active Points); Limited Power Does not stack with armor or other resistant defenses (-1/2)

10 Stand with me here together In the light of love now And forever : Divine Favor

14 I know that you're afraid You know that Im afraid, too But you gotta have faith; you gotta listen To what your heart is telling you : Fearless

12 You Better Run! You Better Hide! You better leave from my sight! : Turn Undead

3 As he traveled on a road of hope : Bump Of Direction

Skills

3 Knock me down, it's all in vain, I get right back on my feet again: Breakfall 12-

2 This hard road traveled on Will lead us home, forever : Navigation (Land) 13-

3 You can see all the lights of the diamond field The treasure buried in plain sight : Concealment 13-

3 Tightrope walkin', in the web of light : Acrobatics 12-

3 I'm gonna follow you, `cause this here's my town : Shadowing 13-

3 You don't know these streets the way that I do : Streetwise 13-

6 Hear the lion's song, voices cryin' like a desert wind : Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain) 13-

3 Oh will you heal me, will you take away my pain : Paramedics 13-

3 What are we waiting for ? We can't afford to be innocent. Stand up and face the enemy. : Oratory 13-

3 I'm gonna follow you, `till I know your timing : Teamwork 12-

3 We are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong Searchin' our hearts for so long, both of us knowing Love Is A Battlefield: Tactics 13-

3 Just tryin' to keep the handle on the blade WF: Common Melee Weapons, Whips

3 So you think you got it all figured out You're an expert in the field, without a doubt But I know your methods inside and out - Jack of All Trades

2 1) I'm gonna dance for you! : PS: Dancing (3 Active Points) 12-

2 2) Once there was a man, and his words became a song of love And his song became the golden dream : PS: Singing (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) We belong to the light, we belong to the thunder: PS: Paladin (3 Active Points) 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 200

Total Cost: 257

75+ Disadvantages

10 You're the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasy - Psychological Limitation: Sucker for love - must make EGO roll to resist Seduction or attempted manipulation based on friendship, passion, or compassion (Common, Moderate)

5 The wounded are much wiser -Distinctive Features: Battle Scars (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Because hell, Hell is for children - Enraged: A child is harmed, endangered, abused, or neglected (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

10 Once again, I'll walk the coals Tiptoe through the minefields of your soul I've come to take you home - Dependent NPC: Various people who need help 8- (Normal)

15 Just like every cross you ever carried, every badge you ever wore Every vow you ever taken, every oath you ever swore - Psychological Limitation: Once committed, never backs down or changes course. (Common, Strong)

15 Hunted: Cause somewhere, somebody keeps a list Of the evils that men do 14- (Mo Pow, Watching)

5 In love and war we stand alone Trustin' nothin' but our own, red vision : Fated always to be alone; lovers, friends, and companions always turn out to be temporary Custom Limitation, Destiny

10 Somethin' brings us together, keeps tearin' us apart - Unluck: 3d6: Only with personal relationships (-1/2)

110 Totally Awesome Bonus

Total Disadvantage Points: 257

Quote:

So fear no evil

The God i know is Love, Love

Is a battlefield

We are young, heartache to heartache we stand

No promises, no demands

Love Is A Battlefield

-----------------------------------------------------------

I really should look up all those lyrics and credit the writers....

I took the lyrics from probably a dozen different Pat Benetar songs.

I wrote the haiku in the "Quotes" section, but I basically cobbled it out of pieces - Love is a Battlefield is a Benetar song, Fear no evil is from a psalm, and God is Love is from the gospels.

Edit: I'm thinking of adding martial arts, with the quote "Put up your dukes, let's get down to it!"

And maybe I can sneak Stealth in after all...

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests figuring out how to load that HD file....[ATTACH]31080[/ATTACH]

The Green Ghost

A minor solo hero. He really doesnt get why he is here. What does he have left to love? With his family killed 6 months ago. He has been bounced from incapacitating depression to brief periods of manic attempts to quench his thirst for revenge. So, why would the aliens bring him here?

And lastly there is Hope. Judy Phillips embodies the hope of a new life and of forgiveness and new civilisations and of boldly going where no one has gone before. she is a Trekkie and dresses in a quasi Star Fleet medical uniform. Her power allows her a degree of empathy and of changing others minds through empathy.

She helps Pure and the Priestess with their attempts to aid the Green Ghost.

New Team: Before the name was lost to a boy band Hot Young Teens were a 80s-90s super hero group. Detail six members of the team during its lifetime, one member for each poster, and what happened to them. They were like an 80s-90s comic team so drag in any sensibilities you wish.

NOTE: There were more than six members during the life of the team but what we want here is just a flavour.

If there was ever a hero who was a rip off of the X-Man Wolverine it was Kid Claw. However the Kid lacked Wolverine's restraint and consequently in his career got into a lot of trouble. What really led to his downfall was his casual use of claws on unarmed and relatively unarmoured targets despite what his team mates, the police, the team's handlers or realy anyone else said. This is the guy who after all put Ren the Space Weasel out of commission for a good 18 months during a clash between Hot Young Teens and the Wild Feral Battalion. But hey! Kid Claw was cool, man ! So he often brazened it out and got away with it. Other heroes tried talking to him as the villains were getting upset and putting a price on his head which could lead to innocent deaths or the death of team mates. Did he listen ? No.

Until in 1994 he went up against Miss Kitty and out came the claws. Her dodging skills infuriated him but he did get a scratch in that drew blood. 'You'll pay for that' she told him before she escaped but villains always say stuff like that, am I right ? Only this time his luck ran out. See Miss Kitty had been out of the game awhile as she had been pregnant and had given birth. So when her husband heard what had happened, all hell broke loose. See Miss Kitty was a martial artist type. Her husband was not. He was a brick. His name ? Visgoth.

The team got scrambled to fight a bunch of villains causing havoc downtown but realised too late that almost all of them had some sort of grudge against the team and were keeping the rest of the team away from Kid Claw. That's when Visgoth turned up. The beating gets put up on Youtube every now and again. It's pretty brutal stuff. A guy with claws versus a guy in armour. And the latter is all business. He broke Kid Claws wrists, his kneecaps, his arms, his legs, his ribs. He smashed his face in and knocked his teeth out. He broke his pelvis. Then the villains disengaged. Visgoth faced the heroes and told them. 'You did not deal with this, so I had to. If one of you tries for revenge on this we will kill all of you'. With that the villains walked away while the heroes took their mangled comrade to hospital. The media gave him little sympathy.

The doctors managed to save him but he went into a coma which outlasted the team. And although his body repaired itself he was never the same. The story goes he could not live with that and committed suicide. The other story is that Miss Kitty dropped him off a bridge as an anniversary present to her husband.

Unity

During the catastrophe of Chernobyl released massive amount of radioactivity, but you hardly ever hear about people getting superpowers from that event. The East-German going by the name Unity alegedly has them from that event. But they only surfaced two years later and he used them to escape the GDR. Since the GDR had the tendency to make examples of citicens, he choose to use a code name and go beyond the otehr country.

But his heart never left the home. So when the cold war ended and the Berlin Wall fell, he made his way back to a unified germany (like always has been his dream). He had energy projection powers.

And especially on Wolverine wannabes.

Just to be clear csyphrett, Oracular Kid joined Hot Young Teens and then went on to join other teams.

yes. Both teams have already been done up thread. I don't know if you got to that part in the links thread. Also The Oracular Kid/Red Eye trained with Cumalative from the Shooting Stars which are also upthread.

CES

Now all we need is artists, writers, and a publisher, and we have our own comic company complete with characters, universe, continuity, and DIScontinuity..

Lucius Alexander

we don't need a palindromedary but I have one

Like I said, this could be a cool campaign book to echo the USA team that Egyptoid put together. Bolo was cool enough to put one of our teams in Haymaker.

I don't know if we would make enough to defray costs to publish

CES