Batman (2021)

Cassandra

Spandex is actually outdated anyway for superhero purposes.  Nowadays, a comic book imitation of skin-tight material would probably be some kind of cotton-synthetic compression blend with infused metals (like copper infused athletic compression gear).  A supergenius like Bruce Wayne should have no problem creating a bulletproof material like that.  As someone previously mentioned, the MCU Black Panther costume is a great example.  Particularly, the silver-black version from Civil War and the beginning of the BP movie.

• 2 weeks later...

if that is the new Batmobile my first impression is not good.

I grew up with Adam West's Batmobile and the ones since have been impressive.

This looks lacking. Reminds me of one of the Punisher's cars.

I have seen Batmobiles in the comics as well. And they were fitting to the character. This ?

We shall see

15 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

I'm OK with the exposed engine, as long as it doesn't have machine guns.

I think the reason the engine is in the back is so that there is room for weapon systems, like machine guns, under the hood in the front. You can sorta see something sticking out from the region where you'd normally have the radiator grill.

No, Depp would worry me in this role. He's capable of great performances, but in recent years he's gotten lazy, portraying eccentric weirdos whose defining characteristic is eccentric weirdness. I'm afraid he'd stay on the surface of Joker and not plumb his depths.

Then again, I've never been fond of either Joker or Batman, so my opinion probably carries little weight.

11 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

No, Depp would worry me in this role. He's capable of great performances, but in recent years he's gotten lazy, portraying eccentric weirdos whose defining characteristic is eccentric weirdness. I'm afraid he'd stay on the surface of Joker and not plumb his depths.

Then again, I've never been fond of either Joker or Batman, so my opinion probably carries little weight.

My hope would be that Matt Reeves would reign in Depp's "eccentric weirdness" so that it becomes more Matt Reeve's Joker than Depp's Joker.

In any event, I don't think any of the classic rogue's gallery villains are going to be in the movie much. One or two scenes each as I understand the broad plot outline. I don't think Depp would be afforded the latitude to do much damage (to the quality of the movie) in only one or two scenes.