The June 2019 Superdraft: Children of the Gods

csyphrett

The Children of the Gods:

Since we are doing the World Creation Draft next month and we did the adopted children of the UA at the start of the year, I thought what would happen if we combined the two for a month. We've already done a draft like this, but I couldn't find it with the search. Here's the premise in a nutshell.

Various planes of existences have been disrupted. Pantheons of gods and their supporters have gone to war with the menace from beyond order and defeated it at a cost. Their numbers have been depleted and their responsibilities are threatening to sink Reality under the strain. Something has to be done. After much argument, it was decreed that the surviving gods and goddesses would produce heirs to take up the dead gods' mantles.

But something wants to stop them.

The first pick is the location of the pantheon. This is where your children are being raised and guarded.

The next fifteen picks are five days of three picks apiece. One pick is the god/goddess, the second is the mortal mate/SO, the third is the offspring.

You have three option picks for weapons of the gods, various menaces, so forth

You have one option for a villain/god of evil that threatens your children.

You can mix and match pantheons so that Apollo's, Huang's, and Thor's children are being raised together. Please do not pick real people.  As usual Power Girl and Supergirl are separate people and once you pick one version of that person all alternates are off the table. Any god that is not picked for the draft is considered dead and his sphere of influence needing to be filled to relieve the multiverse.

The draft starts  on Wednesday at 5pm Eastern Standard. So roughly 36 hours from right now

CES    

8 hours ago, Bazza said:

So we don't specifically need to pick gods/goddesses? Superheroes are acceptable? 

Gods/goddesses for the god slot, superheroes are acceptable for the SO slot, your fictional kid based on the parents in the kid slot. So Apollo and and Power Girl begets Iona Starr, a little girl who is going to grow up to be a rocking sun goddess one day.   

Gods: Just mythical or are fictional gods acceptable? 

Offspring: We're drafting these or making them up?

I suppose fictional gods need a place. We're making the kids up.

CES

In all seriousness, though, let me make sure I understand the three daily character picks:

A) A god(dess) from an existing pantheon, classical or otherwise;

2) An existing professionally-published superhero; and

Ω) An amalgam-type offspring character of our own creation.

Yes?

10 hours ago, death tribble said:

I have Deities and Demigods 1st Edition which has the Melnibonean and Newhon gods. Could I use them for the draft ?

The former come from Michael Moorcock's Elric series and the latter is Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser setting

If you think they are human enough to mate, I guess. To paraphrase South Park, tentacles are bad, mmm'kay.

CES

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

In all seriousness, though, let me make sure I understand the three daily character picks:

A) A god(dess) from an existing pantheon, classical or otherwise;

2) An existing professionally-published superhero; and

Ω) An amalgam-type offspring character of our own creation.

Yes?

It doesn't have to be a superhero, just a professionally fictional person.

CES

6 hours ago, csyphrett said:

... just a professionally fictional person.

Like the blackmail spammers who quote your forum password and threaten to upload your webcam footage unless you pay them $1400 in BitCoins?

God 1 is Tezcatlipoca

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tezcatlipoca

Mortal 1 is The Invisible Woman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Woman

The child is The Hidden Jaguar. He is male

Tezcatlipoca knew he may fall so he fathered his child before the final battle just in case. it was prophetic as he did not survive but his kid did.