Funny Pics II: The Revenge

15 hours ago, slikmar said:

One of the interesting changes to Mothra in the new Godzilla/Kong verse to me was how much she looks more like a wasp with Moth wings - including a stinger. I think is an interesting and nice change, makes her much more of a threat to me while still keeping the Moth part.

Michael Dougherty, who directed Godzilla: King of the Monsters remarked in interviews that he thought it logical that in a world full of aggressive giant creatures, Mothra's species would need the tools to defend themselves. In the Toho Studios films she was little more than a big colorful butterfly, so they looked at natural weapons other insects employed: tail stinger, mantis-like forelimbs, and web-spitting which in the older Toho films was only from her larvae. Mothra's Monsterverse incarnation is a tough fighter, dueling Rodan for an extended period, despite the King of the Skies being much larger.

43 minutes ago, mattingly said:

FB_IMG_1718813976512.jpg?ex=6676fb22&is=

Spoiler

Kurt Russel's character, R.J. MacReady, was a fine detective in his own right. His deduction about how to identify the Thing was very insightful, and he dealt with the creature's evolving threat in a logical manner. But it was Blair (Wilford Brimley), the senior biologist in their group, who was the real hero. He was the first to recognize the Thing's agenda and the magnitude of the threat it posed. If he hadn't destroyed their transportation and radio, the Thing would probably have escaped and infected the entire Earth. Blair was prepared to kill all of them, including himself, to keep the world safe. It's a tragedy that the Thing wouldn't even let him die in peace.

19 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Michael Dougherty, who directed Godzilla: King of the Monsters remarked in interviews that he thought it logical that in a world full of aggressive giant creatures, Mothra's species would need the tools to defend themselves. In the Toho Studios films she was little more than a big colorful butterfly, so they looked at natural weapons other insects employed: tail stinger, mantis-like forelimbs, and web-spitting which in the older Toho films was only from her larvae. Mothra's Monsterverse incarnation is a tough fighter, dueling Rodan for an extended period, despite the King of the Skies being much larger.

I don't understand why none of you have statted out Mothra or any of the other Monsterverse citizens yet.

Last couple of years, I've often watched YouTube "reactors" checking out classic songs from the 1950s or even earlier, through the 1980s, that they've never heard (or often not even heard of). Twenty-somethings listening to that music for the first time respond as if to a revelation. Many have grown up listening only to the electronically-pasteurized, prefabricated, heartless dreck that corporate labels feed them today, and then realize they didn't know what good music is.