A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Skaramine

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

I FINALLY GOT TO GIVE BLUE HIS REP FOR THAT GORGEOUS PENCIL BOX! :yes:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Guest Worldmaker

Okay... if as Lord Farquahd points out the marriage is legally binding and he is now King of Dulac, Fiona would naturally be Queen of Dulac. Which means that when she is widowed shortly after the completion of the ceremony (Farquahd being eaten by Dragon, after all), and shortly thereafter marries Shrek, Shrek becomes King of Dulac. Or at the very least "Prince Consort".

Interesting.

Guest Skaramine

My head hurts. Someone turned up the gravity AND the heat. And Jackalope is dissing m'man Thrakazog.

Time to strap myself to a cruise missile and take out his home town...

Guest Worldmaker

Rachel and I started talking about how so many people who post on the Hero Boards also participate in the GGU. After trying to name everyone we could who does both, it became clear to me that its easier (and faster) to name the very small handful of people who are in the GGU who don't post here...

Thanks for all your support, guys. I really, really appreciate it.

What is it about the internet, besides the obvious lack of physical presence, that makes certain people think that normal rules of polite society not only do not apply but should not apply? Since when is it OK to be insufferably rude for no other reason than you can?

I've had these lyics going through my mind the entire day. I'm hoping by posting them here I may be free.

Her eyes are as cold as a centrefold

And her mouth has come undone

And like a child conceived on new years eve

She don't belong to anyone

NeverWinter Nights is computer gaming crack. And now the folks from my Saturday D&D group are wanting to hook up an play it online, or even worse, have me host games as the DM. Even White Heat is interested in playing it after having seen me play it for hours on end - it reminds her of Daggerfall.

Help.

I don't feel like starting a new thread on this, I just feel like venting here and getting it out of my system.

In 8 days, my job ends. Work has a replacement job for me, but it isn't the same. First, it ruins my schedule. I can only get 2pm to Midnight shifts. I will not get to see my wife. I will not get to game except for my 1 guaranteed day off.

My last day doing Tech Support is the 31st. I train for my new job inside the company on July 7th. For a week I will have no income. Better than no job, but not good.

I'm going to look for a new job, and while I look, I will work a part-time job in addition to the training. If I can't get a schedule to do anything, I'm going to go all out and make some mad, extra cash. I figure I'll get ahead incase I need to fall back.

If I'm lucky, one of the jobs I've emailed my resume will be interested in me. It pays more and that would be awesome. But it all gets back to one thing, my job of which is within the scope of my degree is gone in 8 days.