and we can't take a trip

And I'll never be a poet

nor have the painter's grace

so I'll never write your verse

nor immortalize your face...

and also, I have herpes

-Stephen Lynch

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I did some touch up work on my avatar. The green on Gorshin's jacket pops out more now. I really enjoy it when I get a chance to play with photoshop and it actually works. I've got a long way to go for photoshop mastery. I figure I've got a FAM: 8- with photoshop, but taking extra time helps a lot.

Two people within the Anime Convention industry have fallen recently. One to a heart attack, from which he is recovering after some complications. One passed away.

Methinks my urging my wife to leave is a good thing. High stress can only be handled for so long.

One of the data entry tasks I do is to go through all the new zip codes we've gathered at the registers and define them. I'm often amused to find places where friends live, or where I've visited.

Today, I ran into Saginaw, which is a city in Michigan where some newfound friends lived before moving to Asheville.

Then I got to the last zip code of the evening: Fort Collins, CO. :nonp:

Guest Suleyman Rashid

I am suddenly struck by a great fear: Battlestar Galactica is going to start sucking. I don't know when, I don't know how, but its going to.

Its the only possible end result, because for crying out loud they can't keep raising the bar with each and every episode and NOT hit the top of the hill and start heading down the other side.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

I don't normally pay any attention to it, but I just noticed my rep counter had two more dots on it than it had yesterday. I check my User CP, and only three new people have repped me for something.

Wowzers. Those three guys sling a lot of weight, repwise.

If I can learn to write as badly as some of the authors I've read lately I too can be published. On the other hand, maybe I can't. The deepness of the suck-factor some of them have obtained might well be an inborn gift. But I shant give up. I think I can... I think I can...

Girlfriend got a boob job. Her idea, not mine. I'll probably be really happy about that in a month or so, but this first week has been absolute hell in terms of TLC with not much in the way of quality sleep behind it, and that's not including essentially taking care of her kids this past weekend and next.

They must've left that off my part of the brochure...

Saw my first film at the cinema for the year on Saturday, A **** and Bull Story.

It is about the making of an unfilmable book the Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy. The film looks at the backstage work of making the film on a micro budget as they don't have the money for the battle scene of Namur in Belgium. There is also some bickering between the two main stars who play Tristram and Toby Shandy but also themselves Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. If you have seen the latter two then you will like the film. Which makes me think it may not travel well.

Gillian Anderson cameoes in the film and sends herself up which is nice.