A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Dear diary,

The people here are at it again. While I am prepared to accept some things some of the posters insist on changing avatars persistantly. Now while I am quite prepared for Thrakazog's avatar switching to attack my insanity two of the others have gone above and beyond the call of duty.

People might say Rage's current avatar which has a horror vibe. No it's Kara and Mightybec.

First Kara posts a posterior shot which you can tell is not hers (Rachel for one would make her put the brakes on), and then Mightybec posts a topless avatar. He is deeply disturbed.

Thank the Abyss for Hermit who persists with his Cap avatar.

I rarely visit the "political threads" they are rarely "on-topic" for this forum (Non-Gaming Discussions*). They are more like Non-Gaming Debates.

*Discussions being defined today as: exchange of ideas and opinions.

Guest Worldmaker

I absolutely love it when someone who has posted multiple anger-filled diatribes against me because they dislike either what I am saying or how I am saying it later posts that they "don't believe in treating people who they disagree with like garbage".

The hypocrisy is refreshing.

I got me a house. Well, not yet, but the offer is accepted and the immense paperwork mill is ready to churn out reams for me to sign. I'm not sure what I'm feelin' (this being my first house), but it's somewhere between doin' a little jig and throwin' up my socks. It's almost overwhelming...except I finally get to do laundry in my own abode. Kinda freaky in a "this is so cool!" sort of way. I didn't sleep much last night, and consequently I have a bit of a headache this morning. And I'm really not looking forward to packing and moving. I just want to be there, ya know?

But I got me a house.

Why is it that whenever the creature/inhuman creature/alien space slug captures someone, it's always a woman? and why do most assume that it's to mate with said woman?

Is there something about human females that makes all non-humans suddenly lust after something that is likely physiologically impossible to mate with? Why don't we ever see some males kidnapped in this fashion?

I too adore Praise. Whenever I clean the house (always when the wife isn't there to witness it, so she gets the "Oh my!" look upon seeing the clean house) I tell her everything I did like an excited three year old so she'll give me praise.

and my "reward" ofcourse

GAAAAAAAHHHHH I broke the rules! That was not random! What was I thinking. I havebroken the Random Musings creedo.

Quick!

Something Random!

One of my co-workers is the stupidest, most self-serving, backstabbing, rude, loud, ugly, did I mention stupid? Disagreeable, cancer on the face of the American Workforce I have ever been forced to share oxygen with.

Guest Worldmaker

You know, this deserves restating: I love it when people about whom I have made no comments whatsoever spend the last three days or so posting personal comments about me, then top it off with a post talking about how I'm a "crass abuser".

The hypocrisy is refreshing.

Guest Skaramine

The last few days here were fun and full of laughs and happiness.

But nothing lasts forever.

Unless you get into an argument with a professional victim.

That, and loneliness.

Here I come to save the day!

Well, not really, but here I am checking in briefly after the longest absence in a long time. Hello from Edinburgh!

Reading through, looks like things have changed shockingly - manboobs, nasty political threads, WM venting in the Random Musings thread... oh wait, it's just like home... :D

Last night, a friend I was hanging out with asked me what's the German word for "promise" - which is in itself unusual since he knows German much better than I do. When I at last dug out the word "Versprechen" from my memory, he told me he was trying to remember the title of a novel by Friederich Durrenmatt (never heard of before).

This morning, as I was reading some papers from a seminar on riddles, I came across a reference to the same novel - "Das Versprechen" by Friederich Durrenmatt. Intrigued by the coincidence, I made a mental notice to get a copy of this book as soon as possible.

However, mere hours later, I got a parting present from a friend who's leaving for an internship in America - a set of three novels by Friederich Durrenmatt, including "Das Versprechen". :jawdrop:

Anyone esle has been experiencing weird coincidences lately?