A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I am rapidly running out of time and options. I wake up at three in the morning and start thinking' date=' and can't go back to sleep. Then I stagger off to my dead end job and sleepwalk through the day. Repeat as desired.[/quote']

The three questions you can ask a crowd of Entertainment Industry techs to get amusing responses...

"Anyone got a knife?"

"Anyone got a flashlight?"

"Anyone got handcuff keys?"

To any Who fans here: (I remember that Susano is a Who fan).

One of my favourite albums Quadrophenia is not only being remastered but also the original demos are included with an extensive essay of the project by its author-composer. It really is a directors cut.

And it gets released this Friday!!!!

oh and lastly, my favourite Who song Sea and Sand is from Quadrophenia. (playing it now)

My electric bill for this month is $250. For about 720 kilowatt hours of usage.

720 kilowatt hours conveniently works out to 24 kWh per day, or one kWh every hour. So my instantaneous energy consumption rate is one kilowatt.

At 110V that kilowatt is roughly equivalent to .009 coulombs per second. Over the course of the month, that's 389 coulombs, or 2.427 × 10^21 electrons.

Electrons weigh 9.10938188 × 10^-31 kilograms, so I'm getting 22.1 x 10^-10 kilos of electrons per month piped into the house. Which is about 780 x 10^-10 ounces of electrons.

So I'm paying $9,200,000,000 per ounce for electrons.