A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Thinking about phantom limbs. I wonder if anyone has broken the bones in a phamtom limb. Or stubbed the toe of their phantom leg and cried out in pain.

I wonder if anyone has felt like they need a cast to mend their phantom forearm because they broke it. Or getting their phantom fingers caught when a door slams and swearing to God.

Minster Manual 4 from Wizards of the Cost is out. They have evil black Squirrels called Skiurid and the first thing I thought was 'They are slandering Super Squirrel !'

I'd call upon Madame President to do something but then thought no. I begrudge her the election and him the slander campaign he ran against me that cost me my divine right to be your totalitarian leader. So let them do it themselves.

How to make me feel old.

Younger Co-Worker: Where were you?

Me: I was out in the store, I picked up some cd's

YCW: Who did you get?

Me: Some Cheap Trick, and Older Van Halen.

YCW: Van Halen? What song did they do that I would know?

Me: :weep:

This is a Public Service Announcement

To the lookie-loos who held up traffic on 95 South by Rancho for an entire afternoon on July 13th:

It was not necessary for you to cut freeway traffic down to less than two lanes of a three lane highway more than 90 minutes after the accident had been reported. In case you hadn't noticed, Las Vegas gets to be over 110 degrees in July. Please be aware that some of us do not have air conditioning in our cars. This means that as we drive under open sunlight in our metal-and-glass enclosures, the circulatory systems of both our cars and our bodies will overheat to critical levels. This means that if we do not have a breeze blowing through our windows to compensate, WE. WILL. DIE. So we cannot drag down the freeway at less than 5 mph waiting patiently for you to figure out how to use a gas pedal before our engines explode and our blood boils out of our veins through the ears. So during future car accidents, please move your Goddamn cars past the accident at an appropriate speed at least faster than a man can walk. I thank you, the Earth thanks you, and the eight-mile long line of pissed off drivers behind you will thank you.

Sincerely,

James Gillen