Dormammu, I've come to bargain...

Steve

It's probably been long enough by now that any fan has already seen the film, but just in case...

In the scene where this quote comes from, Doctor Strange appears to be using a form of the Replay power from APG2.

How would you build it though? I'm unsure how far back he's rewinding and what advantages/limitations to put on it.

Any ideas?

I knew I couldn't be the only person who was wondering how to build this.  :)

I figure it's a property of the Dark Dimension.  Dormammu exists outside of time, whatever that means.  It's the special effect of a lot of his skills, senses, and his huge ass power pool.  Dr. Strange flew in there with a triggered XD movement/time travel and Regeneration + Resurrection on himself.  The trigger is "when I die" and it transports him to the moment he set up the trigger.  For him, every time he dies, he just reappears at Phase 12.  Against a normal supervillain, they'd never notice.  Against Dormammu, whose special effect is that he exists outside of time, he gets to relive it over and over.

It's a combination of Dr. Strange's player being inventive, and Dormammu's player irritating the GM by using a really poorly-defined power description.

Nah, I want the recovery of the Wasp to be linked to either the introduction of The Micronauts, or part of The Hulk's Jarella & the micro-verse movie.

The Micronauts are not own by Marvel. They are a series based upon a toy line. With Baron Kazar indirectly own by Go Naga. So, while there is no copyright on the Microverse, there is one on the population.

It weren't till the 80's when Marvel stopped placing aquired toy lines as part of the Marvel Universe.

I have to say that I was impressed that Marvel was able to pull off the amazing aspects of both Ant-Man's microverse and Dormammu's dark dimension.  I wonder if they will ever revisit the former to perhaps bring back the original Wasp.

Microverse was a poor choice of words on my part as it was actually described as "the quantum realm where time has no meaning" by Dr. Pym in the movie.  Hence the similarity to what Dr. Strange did with Dormammu and the possibility of rescuing the original Wasp.

Well, first you need the Time Gem...

Ok, but seriously, I'm thinking some kind of triggered summon or duplication. (The special effect of a time loop is a red herring, you don't need any time traveling powers to create it.) The cost could be enormous, though, because it was theoretically infinite.  Perhaps something with images..?

As far as the trap aspect, it would have to be an EDM UAA. Now you're getting really expensive.

In aeons past, Armitage quoted the passage for Temporal Fugue from the even more ancient 100th issue of Dragon Magazine:

Temporal Fugue

30 for base (11 or less) / + 1 for 10

Temporal Fugue is also known as "replay." It allows a character to replay immediate past events and take a different action, now that the character knows exactly what will happen. To use Temporal Fugue, the character must roll the ability, minus the number of 1/2-phase actions he wishes to reverse. If successful, the replay starts at that point, with all rolls and actions staying the same until the character interferes with the past. You can only replay an event once.

Example: In a battle, Orakle sees an agent leveling a blaster at her. Since he is just a normal agent, she decides to depend upon him missing -- but the agent shoots and hits. Before damage is rolled, Orakle uses her Temporal Fugue power to undo his 1/2-phase attack. She rolls a (12 - 1 = ) 11; her attempt succeeds. When the agent levels his gun at her, she dives for cover. Play resumes at this point. The agent, seeing that Orakle has just jumped behind some boxes, lobs a grenade at her. Orakle, having already undone the attack once, cannot use her Temporal Fugue again.

Referees may choose to extend 1/2-phase actions to include non-combat or simultaneous moves. Thus, an ambush might be considered a single action for purposes of Temporal Fugue: the same goes for running down a blocked corridor. Though it is a power, Temporal Fugue has all the limitations of a skill: It cannot have power advantages or limitations, and it can't normally be placed in a power modifier. Only Temporal Fugue levels add to the Temporal Fugue roll. It is a no-phase action and it costs END.

I actually ran a character with this power once.  The GM and the other players hated it.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew I couldn't be the only person who was wondering how to build this.   :)

I figure it's a property of the Dark Dimension.  Dormammu exists outside of time, whatever that means.  It's the special effect of a lot of his skills, senses, and his huge ass power pool.  Dr. Strange flew in there with a triggered XD movement/time travel and Regeneration + Resurrection on himself.  The trigger is "when I die" and it transports him to the moment he set up the trigger.  For him, every time he dies, he just reappears at Phase 12.  Against a normal supervillain, they'd never notice.  Against Dormammu, whose special effect is that he exists outside of time, he gets to relive it over and over.

It's a combination of Dr. Strange's player being inventive, and Dormammu's player irritating the GM by using a really poorly-defined power description.

Out of Time would be a Dimension where time does not pass.  It is accessible by using Extra-Dimensional Movement [Any Location in Any Dimension] for 40 Points, extra for additional mass.  Navigation [Dimensions] is highly recommended.