Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Side note, but the thing where Trump spent 40 minutes dancing to music. All I could think, as they showed the playlist (edited for songs I am speaking of):

• “YMCA!”
  • “Nothing Compares 2 U”
  • “November Rain”
  • It's a Man's Man's world

All I could think was that none of the performers of those songs would ever want him playing at his rally. And James Brown probably would have sought him out and kicked his ass for it. I won't even get into the fact that the 1st and last of those seem to be anti any message he is putting out there.

4 minutes ago, slikmar said:

Side note, but the thing where Trump spent 40 minutes dancing to music. All I could think, as they showed the playlist (edited for songs I am speaking of):

• “YMCA!”
  • “Nothing Compares 2 U”
  • “November Rain”
  • It's a Man's Man's world

All I could think was that none of the performers of those songs would ever want him playing at his rally. And James Brown probably would have sought him out and kicked his ass for it. I won't even get into the fact that the 1st and last of those seem to be anti any message he is putting out there.

The hand action that he usually does to "YMCA" seems somewhat related to the subtext of the song.

One must ask whether anyone dancing to YMCA! understands exactly that that song is all about..................for that matter, the Village People generally.......  

46 minutes ago, slikmar said:

All I could think was that none of the performers of those songs would ever want him playing at his rally.

He's been called out...and successfully sued, IIRC...for ignoring such trivialities in the past.

7 hours ago, slikmar said:

All I could think was that none of the performers of those songs would ever want him playing at his rally. And James Brown probably would have sought him out and kicked his ass for it. 

If Brown wouldn't kick his ass, Sinead certainly would.  I doubt anyone would have objected if she'd torn up a picture of Trump during a performance.

It's aggravating the sheer number of Republican ads that keep popping up on YouTube and Pluto TV.  For every single Democrat ad, there's at least 3 Republican ones in return.

(I have an adblocker for YouTube, the hubby doesn't -- he's got the YT app for our Roku to watch Taskmaster)