Life Support

mobulis

Question

1 answer to this question

Well, that’s definitely the most unusual question I’ve been asked in awhile. ;)

I’m going to rephrase the question a little to make it less specific so that my answer’s more applicable:

Q:  If a character changes shape into something that’s large enough for other characters to get inside of, such as a vehicle, do his relevant powers (such as Life Support, defenses, and so on) then apply to the characters who are inside him?

A:  This is a rare enough situation that the answer should be left to the GM (especially if a character likes to do this sort of thing frequently, and the answer thus could significantly affect campaign balance). But as a guideline:

—if the character changes shape into a vehicle (or the like) using Multiform, then the answer is more likely to be Yes. A Multiform involves a new character sheet and a new set of powers. In effect the character would become a “true” Vehicle, subject to all the rules pertaining to Vehicles. And a Vehicle’s Life Support, defenses, movement, and the like all “apply to” its passengers (see The Ultimate Vehicle for detailed rules about this).

—if a character changes shape into a vehicle (or the like) using Shape Shift, then the answer is more likely to be No. Using Shape Shift does not involve a separate character sheet, change in powers, or the like; the character doesn’t “truly” become a Vehicle in the same sense as he does using Multiform. However, if a character wanted to do this frequently using Shape Shift he could consider buying powers with some version of Usable By Nearby so that “passengers” also got the benefit of them.