paying end to start a power and pushing

dsatow

Question

Just some clarifications

If you push when on, say a resistant protection force field which costs end and only needs pay end to start, you need to push every phase to continue the pushed effect.

Does the whole power shut off when you stop pushing, thus requiring you to "restart" the power?

If you stop pushing it, can you push the power at a later time without restarting it?

If the "force field" has alterable defenses (reallocating PD and ED etc), does this counts as turning off and on the power?

If the "force field" has variable advantage, does changing the advantage count as restarting the power?

1 answer to this question

If a power is active when a character begins to Push it (for example, Blast with the Advantage Constant), when the character stops Pushing the power does not deactivate. It continues to function at its non-Pushed level of effect. If the character continues to use the power he can Push it again later if he so desires; he doesn’t have to restart it to Push again.

In light of that answer I think the last two questions are moot. If I've missed something, please PM me or post a follow-up.