Trying to reproduce Dark Soul's "Pine Resin"

joxalot

For context: My character for this upcoming medieval campaing is part of a monster hunter group and to reflect his extensive skill in his trade, I've created a VPP which I'll use to put small powers that reflects the tools and magic charms he carries with him in each missions.

For those not familiar with the Souls series, there are buff items usable on your weapon that add elemental damage (Fire, eletricity, poison). The original idea was to have a some sort of blade oil, magic rune or something of the sort that can be given to someone (Usable by others, Grantor pays Charge cost) but I am very lost on how I'd achieve such effect.

I'm appreciatte a lot if someone could shed a light cause I am very lost in this.

There are 3 ways to do that. Unfortunately all (usefull ones) work on the basis of Advantages. And a naked advantage can normally not be put into a VPP (GM may make exceptions).

Option 1: Just declare the power to use both special effects ("Magic Fire" would be magic and fire at the same time). No charge, but Vulnerabilities, limited defenses and the like are applied in your disfavor, unless they would be triggered/circumvented by both special effects.

Option 2: Variable Special Effects (6E1, somewhere among the advantages). You can change the special effect on the fly. The attack looses it's original special effect (A silver sword would be considered silver, but no longer cutting; I know that makes no sense, but it makes balance). You can select a whole set of special effects when defining the advantage.

Option 3: Additional special effect (one of the Advanced Player Guides). The attack counts as multiple special effects at the same time. This form of magic fire would count as magic or fire, wichever is worse for the target.

Option 2 might be the most viable, if you just buy it outside the VPP.

Option 3 is most viable if the GM allows you to put it into the VPP.

However, the powerscale might play a role:

If this is a heroic game, totally different rules on how to buy/build weapons apply.

In superheroic games, gear is usually bought by points and can't be shared easily.