Uncontrolled essentially means you don't have to act to make a power take effect; no attack roll, etc.  So that would suggest the usual requirements to activate a power  are waived, such as 1/2 DCV and taking a full phase, but that would be up to the GM.

Recovery is persistent by default, so it is always activated. The question is not whether it is running, but whether it does anything.

So for 30 points, you could Regenerate 1 point of END and STUN each Segment.

I think that would mean 1 character point's worth of END and STUN, which would mean 5 END and 2 STUN per Segment, which would be pretty good.

It seems like 2 STUN per segment is comparable to 1 BOD per segment, so I tend to agree. Of course, I would expect per segment regen to be vetoed in a game where lethality is expected, and a character who can never be KO'd or run out of END seems likely to be vetoed as well.

The question is not whether it is running, but whether it does anything.

Except its a wierd sort of persistent; it only automatically functions when you're unconscious.  If you are conscious you have to spend a phase without action or movement deliberately and consciously meaning to activate it.

Except its a wierd sort of persistent; it only automatically functions when you're unconscious.  If you are conscious you have to spend a phase without action or movement deliberately and consciously meaning to activate it.

And while unconscious, it works on a schedule based on how far under zero STUN you are.

Lucius Alexander

The more I need it, the less often it works. I hope that's not giving the palindromedary any ideas.

Only in a combat situation. It's akin to taking a breather and reassessing the situation. Out of combat it never gets tracked because there is no reason to.

.Except its a wierd sort of persistent; it only automatically functions when you're unconscious.  If you are conscious you have to spend a phase without action or movement deliberately and consciously meaning to activate it.

You don't have to spend a phase. You have to intentionally NOT spend a phase. You do nothing, not something By doing nothing, you permit your REC to act.

This is a function of REC, not of its being Persistent.

And while unconscious, it works on a schedule based on how far under zero STUN you are.

Also, a function of REC, not of being Persistent.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone else see a way around Hugh Neilson's logic?

Apply the non-persistent limitation to only a portion of one's REC ... in order to avoid the danger of which Hugh Neilson warned ... so that you still have REC if unconscious (just less of it). 

I'm a 5e guy, so in my world (and as I presume it is in 6e) this means buying the added REC as a power, meaning it costs END like any other.  So, in addition to the non-persistent limitation, apply 0 END, Uncontrolled, Triggered [0 phase auto-reset, with the trigger being experiencing a recovery (regardless of post-seg-12 or an active rec taken by the character)] advantages ... and interesting questions resurface?

I'm a 5e guy, so in my world (and as I presume it is in 6e) this means buying the added REC as a power, meaning it costs END like any other.

Characteristics purchased as powers do not automatically cost END.

So, in addition to the non-persistent limitation, apply 0 END, Uncontrolled, Triggered [0 phase auto-reset, with the trigger being experiencing a recovery (regardless of post-seg-12 or an active rec taken by the character)] advantages ... and interesting questions resurface?

If the Trigger is experiencing a recovery, how is this helpful? Normal REC also acts when I get a recovery. Again, I question whether Uncontrolled is similar enough to be a version of Persistent, such that it cannot be placed on a power which is Peristent by default (just as Ranged cannot be placed on a power which is Ranged by default, even if made No Range first).