Fantasy Hero - Fine Weapons

Ulpharz

Question

Hi,

I wanted to make use of the unusual abilities that have a flat Character Point cost (Biting, Heroic Strike) provided for "fine weapons" in Fantasy Hero, page 209-210. Do they count as adders or a separate "power" itself?

For example, would my Fearsome Fork be built like:

HKA 1/2d6, 10 pts Heroic Strike, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1) for a total of 30 Active Points/15 Real Points? (adding to the cost before applying advantages)

or HKA 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1) plus 10 points Heroic Strike; OAF (-1) for 25 AP/12 RP? (a separate ability)

or even HKA 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1) plus 10 points flat Heroic Strike for 25 AP/17 RP? (a separate ability that cant have Limitations/Advantages applied)

(or something else entirely I am missing)

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Typically you'd buy them separately, since they're likely to have differing Power Modifiers from the main weapon (as shown in the text). Unless the GM permits otherwise, you shouldn't alter the cost of the special weapon abilities; they're already set up to account for any applicable Power Modifiers.

The problem here is that Heroic Strike isn't properly written to take the OAF (-1) Advantage into account. It should be written as costing 20 Active Points/10 Real Points with OAF, or 6 Active Points/3 Real Points, for the sake of clarity.

So for your Fearsome Fork, deadliest eating utensil in the Universe!, you'd buy HKA 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (total cost 7 points) plus Heroic Strike (20 Active Points, 10 Real Points) for a total of 17 points.

Thanks for giving me the chance to clarify that!