New PDF: Superhero Gallery Expanded!

Steve Long

Bruce is not a true Mad Scientist. He's never created a monkey/plant monster that ran out of control and nearly ate Gotham.

You've just described the kiss between Uma Thurman and Chris O'Donnell in Batman & Robin.

Wayne Industries, the source for the R&D funding behind Poison Ivy. Mad Science, the only possible explanation for George Clooney's costume.

A little thing to think about Elemental Body template.

A roll chart for it.

1: Solid

1: Metal Base

2: Rock Base

3: Mineral Base

4: Gemstone Base

5: Roll Again, It Is Both Bases

6: Special Base

1-2: Rubber Base

3-4: Silicon Base

5: Glass Base

6: Ice Base

3: Semi-Solid

1-2: Sand/Dirt/Gravel Base

3-4: Clay Base

5: Wax Base

6: Other (roll again on Solid, but think of how to make it semi-solid)

4: Liquid

1-2: Water Base

3: Acid/Chemical Base

4: Mercury Base

5: Sludge/Slime Base (Oil, for example)

6: Other (roll on other tables, but think of how to make it liquid)

5: Gas

1-2: Chemical Base

3-4: Cloud Base

5: Oxygen Base

6: Other (roll on other tables, but think of how to make it gas)

6: Fire/Energy

1-2: Fire Base

3-4: Plasma Base

5: Other Energy Type

6: Undefined Energy Type

Hope this helps some.

Hold on, folks, hold on.

I sincerely appreciate the ideas and suggestions, but let's keep in mind how the Superhero Gallery works. There are no tables; there is no random rolling. I present options within an overall framework for a given character type, and the user chooses from those options.

So, for example, I would envision an Elemental Form entry starting with the basic choice of form (f'rex, "60 points -- pick one Elemental Form" -- the options being generically defined, probably as something like Gaseous, Liquid, Semi-Liquid, Solid, Energy). Then you'd go on to pick appropriate Attack, Defense, Movement, and Secondary powers, as usual.

If I can fit all this on two pages, I will. Otherwise I may split it into two types (e.g., Elemental Form I (Gaseous, Liquid, Semi-Liquid) and II (Solid, Energy)). We'll see how things work out. ;)

Ideal powers for Elemental Form (as the boss calls it):

Solid Form: Density Increase and Resistant Protection. Or various stats and Resistant Protection with the Power Complication: Only In Alternate Identity. Secondary powers based on what material the solid form is (For example: If it is made up of magnetic rock, then give him magnetic powers. If it is made up of rubber, then Leaping and a limited form of Reflection can be seen as needed.)

Semi-Solid: Ideally it would be a multipower with Density Increase and Desolification as slots. Also outside it Stretching. Secondary powers based on the material in question (For example: Some clay bodies can be molded so as to vaguely look like someone else in pore light conditions. Sand can smother fire. Wax can be shaped to resemble people of all sorts.)

Liquid: Desolification is a must. Secondary powers based on exactly what type of liquid he can transform into. (For example: Liquid Nitrogen can freeze things touching it. Acid burns through most everything except base. Water can be given to others to quench a thirst in an emergency.)

Gas: Again, Desolification is a staple power. Secondary powers depend on exactly what type of gas it is. (For example: Laughing Gas forces those who breath it to do exactly that. One can shutter to think of various kinds of poison gas to cause short and long term effects on opponents [Drains, for example].)

Energy: You guess it, Desolification is a strong power in this template. As a secondary power, usually Blast or Killing Attack with the 'damage shield' Power Advantage (Area Of Effect - Surface).

• 4 weeks later...

How about galleries for different power levels?

I suppose that might be possible for some power levels, but I fear that at higher power levels it would be difficult (at best) to keep each character restricted to no more than a two-page spread, which I insist upon. The more points, the more stuff one can buy.

Honestly, though, if I do any further Gallery work, I'd rather add to the existing Gallery at the existing power level, and then maybe look into Galleries for other genres. Changing the power level is a good ways down the list o' priorities.