Bazza

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me excited for Thor 3.

Thor: Ragnarok – Karl Urban Wraps Filming As Skurge

http://screenrant.com/thor-3-ragnarok-karl-urban-skurge-wrap/

Urban revealed earlier this year that Skurge has a “great arc” in the film, which also leads us to believe he may live up to the character’s storyline in the original comics and sacrifice himself for the good guys in the end.

BIG HOPE that it is accurate.

Thor: Ragnarok’s Karl Urban Reveals His Skurge Haircut

http://screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-skurge-haircut-karl-urban/

Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston About Marvel & More
http://screenrant.com/benedict-cumberbatch-interviews-tom-hiddleston/

CUMBERBATCH: “And then, in typical British fashion, we should just apologize for everything as well.”

HIDDLESTON: “I’m sorry for disturbing you.”

CUMBERBATCH: “I’m more sorry than you.”

CKHTkRIW8AAUPnM.jpg

Gaiman video on BBC on awkward apology.

Skurge is about three Urbans wide. So, nobody can realistically pull off the physique. I'm more concerned that he doesn't have the pointy hair strips on top. I mean, that's classic Skurge. :P

When I saw the picture, I thought that as well, but then, Urban can walk around in normal life being bald. However, there's no reason for him to walk around in normal life with those silly strips of hair.  My guess is they'll be added in the makeup chair everyday.  :)

No one is big enough to play the Hulk either, but we found a solution to that.

In fact, I feel that all superheroes should be all-CG (not just the oversized ones) so that they never age (unless the storyline demands it), they never get fat or pregnant, or get hurt doing stunts or demand more pay, etc.

We could have, for example, Alex Ross's complete Justice League roster and you could keep making the movies decade after decade and the characters would look the same, just like in the comics. The only thing that would change would be the voice actors (and, of course, the performance capture performers). You'd have all the benefits of animated characters, but in a live-action format. I mean, we're almost there today: Iron Man (when suited up), Hulk, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Vision (in fight scenes), to name a few are already fully CG.

I think it is time to expand beyond non-human CG characters (Gollum, Hulk, Davy Jones) and go with complete CG superhero teams.

Watched Civil War finally.

Not very impressed.  It had some great moments, such as Spider-Man, really all the lesser characters, but overall the story was weak and contrived, the tone incredibly dark and miserable, Iron Man's continual descent into insanity is unbearable and unlikable, and overall Cap's motivations are suspect.  Bucky really isn't someone he should help out.  He really is a bad guy, one of the worst.  Like Bucky says, he really did all that.

Main quibbles: how in God's name did Captain America know that Winter Soldier killed Stark's parents?  Upon what conceivable basis could he have known?

Why didn't anyone just ask "gee, if the UN was in charge, how would all those events have gone differently?"

Why didn't at least one person step up and say "I was in that crowd and the bomb would have killed hundreds of us in Lagos, she saved lives?"

Why is every single person in every single government irredeemably evil in these films?  Not just dumb or power hungry, but horrifically tyrannical and sadistic?

They had their Civil War story to tell and the hell with the consequences, logic, or even decent writing.

The idiots at MCU were so fixated on giving Downey an "interesting" character to play they turned a tremendously entertaining, flawed character into a horrible, unlikable lunatic.  What a stupid, missed opportunity.  What a pointless destruction of a hero, such as he was.

I'm getting the sense that the folks behind all this really despise superheroes, deep down.

Main quibbles: how in God's name did Captain America know that Winter Soldier killed Stark's parents?  Upon what conceivable basis could he have known?

He knew that Hydra was behind the death of Stark's parents in Winter Soldier, after confronting cyber-Zola. In Civil War, when Tony asks "Did you know?" he says, "I didn't know it was him." So, he didn't know it was Winter Soldier. Notice how big Steve's eyes were when they were watching the video of it. He was surprised by the revelation, and knew Tony was going to flip out on Bucky.

The idiots at MCU were so fixated on giving Downey an "interesting" character to play they turned a tremendously entertaining, flawed character into a horrible, unlikable lunatic.

They did that in Avengers 2, IMO.

Watched Civil War finally.

Not very impressed.  It had some great moments, such as Spider-Man, really all the lesser characters, but overall the story was weak and contrived, the tone incredibly dark and miserable, Iron Man's continual descent into insanity is unbearable and unlikable, and overall Cap's motivations are suspect.  Bucky really isn't someone he should help out.  He really is a bad guy, one of the worst.  Like Bucky says, he really did all that.

Why didn't anyone just ask "gee, if the UN was in charge, how would all those events have gone differently?"

Why didn't at least one person step up and say "I was in that crowd and the bomb would have killed hundreds of us in Lagos, she saved lives?"

Why is every single person in every single government irredeemably evil in these films?  Not just dumb or power hungry, but horrifically tyrannical and sadistic?

They had their Civil War story to tell and the hell with the consequences, logic, or even decent writing.

The idiots at MCU were so fixated on giving Downey an "interesting" character to play they turned a tremendously entertaining, flawed character into a horrible, unlikable lunatic.  What a stupid, missed opportunity.  What a pointless destruction of a hero, such as he was.

I'm getting the sense that the folks behind all this really despise superheroes, deep down.

As I've watched Civil War 3 times now, I tend to agree with all of your points more and more.  Except Bucky, he's being controlled the whole time.  He didn't even remember what he'd done when he came out of Zemo's brainwashing.

The entire thing was set up based on a move that made no sense at all.  Scarlet Witch uses her... whatever powers to throw the guy right up next to the only skyscraper in the entire country?  Really?

You can't say her control is no good, she shows pinpoint control in the airport fight constantly.  She's grabbing people's hands in the middle of a fight from 50 yards away.  The entire thing left me disgruntled and annoyed, like playing a video game with their story they're going to tell no matter what you do or intend.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but I will anyway, that this reflects the current zeitgeist. Irredeemably evil governments, especially our own, is the only way Millennials recognize government in film.

To be fair, what kind of government have millennials ever known?

At any rate, I'm just not seeing the issues here. SW had to act reflexively to save Cap, and it didn't work out. Bucky effectively has brain damage and seems to live his life on the run. Admittedly my expectations for any Hollywood superhero film may still be set rather low, but I really thought CW was very tightly written for an action movie. Ymmv.