Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Cap's Marty Stu-ness ruin the film simply because he is a Marty-Stu?

Do they spend at least 43 minutes properly explaining exactly how Thor's hammer works so the cinematic universe will make sense?

Does the black dude playing Black Panther look properly African?

Is Baron Zemo an Asian who doesn't know martial arts?

Do all the characters have the correct height, weight, and breast size as they do in the comics?

If the answers are yes, then I will go I guess...but knowing Marvel they'll just give us another great story with fantastic action...bummer.

Answers:

1) Does Cap's Marty Stu-ness ruin the film simply because he is a Marty-Stu? 

Cap can't be a Marty-Stu as the original creators are not involved in the film. Also none of the people involved in the current film have projected themselves onto Cap, so no Marty Stu.

2) Do they spend at least 43 minutes properly explaining exactly how Thor's hammer works so the cinematic universe will make sense?

Yes. And it is awesome. Aunt May goes to CostCo and runs into Odin who is now a CosCo Door Greeter. It turns out it really is due to fingerprints, well holographic fingerprints. When an Asgardian is deemed worthy their fingerprints become holographic, a feature than humans from Earth can't match, so this is why no human from Earth can lift Mjolnir. Odin says that Vision (he referred to him as "construct") lifting the hammer is a "bug" and will be fixed in Mjolnir Enchantment 2.0. 

3) Does the black dude playing Black Panther look properly African?

Yes. As does...and...

4) Is Baron Zemo an Asian who doesn't know martial arts?

No, Baron Zemo is related to Baron Mordo setting up Doctor Strange. The Doctor Strange easter egg is Capital-A awesome.

5) Do all the characters have the correct height, weight, and breast size as they do in the comics?

Yes, except for 1) Scott Lang who gains a few pounds 2) Vision's man-boobs are corrct breast size as per the comics -- they look awsome!  

6) If the answers are yes, then I will go I guess...but knowing Marvel they'll just give us another great story with fantastic action...bummer.

Yep. 

Disclaimer: Two answers or part of answers are serious responses, the rest is for humourous effect.

True those are the words he uses, but I've read Thor and Black Panther comics for nearly 40 years and, because it's only printed words, I still couldn't tell you what an Asgardian or Wakandan accent is 'supposed' to sound like....

Traditionally, Marvel has written foreign language dialogue as English in angle brackets, usually with an asterisk referring to a footnote pointing out what language it is supposed to actually be. If anyone can extract an authentic patois from that, they have impressive magical linguistic powers.

He's much stronger in the films than he is in the original comics.  Probably in "ultimate" universe he's really strong, too.

But this looks a bit ridiculously strong, way beyond his reasonable capacity even as depicted in the films.

Remember when he threw his motorcycle in Avengers 2, and it smashed that Hydra jeep?  This isn't really any stronger than that.  Movie Cap has always seemed about a 45 Str to me.

Well lets look it over in Hero terms.  A standard news helicopter type can lift about 3000 kg and fly at 287 kph.  In hero terms that's about 320m noncombat speed and 35 STR.  So yeah you're probably right that's roughly within his demonstrated Strength.  He's not Spider-Man level (40 STR) but he's pretty close after he threw that motorcycle (which again I thought was a bit much, but the Ultimate characters have never really been statted out, so they can do whatever the writer figures they can).

He's not Spider-Man level (40 STR)

Technically, I'd say around 47-48 STR for Spidey. He can lift 10 tons over his head. So, he needs enough Hero STR to lift 20 tons.

The STR chart in Ultimate Brick (5E) is in kg. So, it's 18.1437 metric tons for US 20 tons. 47 STR is 17 metric tons, 48 STR is 19 metric tons.

Since I like round numbers I'd put him at 45-50.