Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just Strange's origin story. It is, in a sense, the origin story of "magic" in the MCU beyond what little we've seen in the Thor films. Maybe not so much the origin of magic per se, but Strange's journey from rationalist to sorceror becomes our journey as we learn the nature of magic in the MCU right along with him. I am weary of origin stories too, but I kind of feel this an important one, and an important one to get right for the future of multi-dimensional "magic" in the MCU.

It's not just Strange's origin story. It is, in a sense, the origin story of "magic" in the MCU beyond what little we've seen in the Thor films. Maybe not so much the origin of magic per se, but Strange's journey from rationalist to sorceror becomes our journey as we learn the nature of magic in the MCU right along with him. I am weary of origin stories too, but I kind of feel this an important one, and an important one to get right for the future of multi-dimensional "magic" in the MCU.

...and if some explanation is not given, today's 'general public' will, in fact, believe Strange is from Hogwarts.

I'm not kidding.

Seriously, someone near you in the theater will whisper "Where's his wand?"

It just occurred to me that "Thor Ragnarok" aka "Thor 3 guest starring Hulk" will have both Hulk & Loki in the same film since Avengers. Can only hope for a "puny god" rematch!

And having Hulk guest star is a sensible business move as it strengthens the Thor series--which while successful in itself--is less successful when compared to Captain America & Iron Man series. Secondly Hulk as a fan favourite character but IIRC Paramount still has rights to any solo Hulk film so Marvel would need to coordinate with them for any Hulk sequel & a Thor film bypasses this headache. So win-win for Marvel. And anyway, a Hulk-Loki rematch would be enough to sell the movie to fans.

Now that you mention it, Loki framing the Hulk for an act of destruction, to try to draw Thor into conflict with him, was what prompted the formation of the Avengers in the comics. And Loki has tried to use the Hulk as a pawn on other occasions, in comics and animation. Mind you, that never ends well for Loki.