bog standard

Rebar

Wow, is the judginess really necessary?

This is the only board I've ever heard the expression used on. I thought it was endemic to this board.

Now I think of it, I don't remember encountering it elsewhere either.

Lucius Alexander

And a garden variety palindromedary

It was me who said it. I talk to so many different people with very different hobbies. It's probably something I picked up from the Old timer Hot Rodders. It was in reference to writing up She Hulk who when I was thinking about her core powerset. I realized that she was as close to the Stereotypical Brick as one could be. Her main difference is that she has superleap instead of flight. In the PS 238 universe, bricks with SuperStrength, Invulnerability and Flight are given numbers because the powerset is so common.

Add me to the list of foreigners who heard and use(d) it. Maybe it's because I'm in IT, where we have lots of standards to choose from, maybe it's actually more common amongst people who speak English as a second language and are often enticed by cute phrases or words. (Hey, I'm using the word "wee" more than a Scottish urologist)