Queen Nightmara, Champions Complete Version

steriaca

10 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

I like this character a lot.

The writeup is long, but not as complicated as it first seems. Queen Nightmara has a pretty focused set of Powers, it's just that how much of them she can use (especially the Growth) varies by surroundings and circumstance, which leads to a lot of bookkeeping in the writeup. In practice, one would likely keep character sheets for each level of Growth and shuffle between them as needed.

I was inspired by a possessed Queen Beryl. When Beryl was dying she let Queen Metallia possesses her body and she caused it to grow.

No VPP to paper over gaps in writeup! VPPs, now *those* get complicated when you actually sit at the gaming table.

I didn't want the hassle of the VVP.

A surprising amount of world-building implicit in the writeup itself. Like, this is a setting where magical girls have powers/identities based on emotions; and each has a Godstone that is in some way connected to their powers and their lives.

Well, yes. But Godstones don't just represent emotions, they also represent plants, animals, and elements.

I'm impressed. I will not be porting Queen Nightmara whole into my campaign as Queen Nocturna, the big bad enemy for Princess Moonray, but I am learning from the character and writeup. Well done, and thank you.

Dean Shomshak

Well, that is the idea.