Has anyone made a Tiefling/Hellborn package deal for Fantasy Hero?

Major Tom 2009

It's been a while since I last visited the boards here, so I don't know if anyone has posted a FH version

of the AD&D Tiefling character type (Hellborn is the term used by Reaper Miniatures for the same kind

of being). Has anyone here created such a writeup, and what does it look like?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Yes the infernal package in Fantasy Hero (around page 60 I don't have books at work) is a good start.

Are you making your own character or setting?

PS; if paying 5th edition check out Killershrike's page. I do not see him on here as much as he used to, but he had just about everything on his pages.

Pa

Yes the infernal package in Fantasy Hero (around page 60 I don't have books at work) is a good start.
Are you making your own character or setting?

PS; if paying 5th edition check out Killershrike's page. I do not see him on here as much as he used to, but he had just about everything on his pages.

Page 50 but it's a bit vague.

This site, which belongs to a Hero forum member, has a system for converting D&D to Hero.

http://www.killershrike.com/fantasyhero/Conversion3e/ConversionDMtoGM.aspx

If you want a more slap dash write up then see the HD file attached to this post.  It should make a reasonable starting point but probably needs to be tidied up a bit by someone more familiar with D&D.

Note that the Infernal Wrath and Fire Resistance powers should become stronger as the Tiefling gets more powerful.

Tiefling.hdc

I don't have any kind of setting, but I do on occasion (when there's enough free time for me to do it) like

to sit down with my HERO stuff (mostly 5th Ed stuff) and do some character writeups. While I do have

Fantasy HERO, I've never actually played a character of any sort in that genre, but I do like the idea of

having some pregenerated characters ready for use (especially since I've got minis representing most

of the AD&D character types, past and present -- including Dragonborn and Tiefling).

I hadn't really noticed the Infernal writeup; thanks for pointing it out.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

I have a writeup for a D&D4 Tiefling template, would that do?

That'll work, thanks. I've only just read the Infernal package deal in FH, and there's some stuff

that'd have to be stepped down somewhat before it could be used to create a Tiefling/Hellborn

PC (somehow, I don't imagine that there would be a lot of Tieflings runing around with 800-year

lifespans -- unless they'd performed some truly heinous magical rites to live that long).

Major Tom 2009

Tiefling

6 +3 INT, +3 PRE

5 Nightvision

3 Language: Any (Common is native)

1 Acting/Conversation/Disguise/Persuasion 8-

1 Stealth/Shadowing 8-

3 Fire Resistance – Energy Damage Negation (-2 DC), only vs fire (-2)

11 Infernal Wrath – PRE adds (+¾) for up to 40 Active Points of Any attack up to 8 DC (30 Active Points); Encounter (-1), Only vs enemy that hit character since last phase (-1), Unified Power (Infernal Wrath; -¼) plus +1 OCV; Encounter (-1), Only vs enemy that hit character since last phase (-1), Encounter (-1), Only vs enemy that hit character since last phase (-1), Linked (Naked Advantage; -½), Unified Power (Infernal Wrath; -¼) plus +1 OMCV (3 Active Points); Encounter (-1), Only vs enemy that hit character since last phase (-1), Encounter (-1), Only vs enemy that hit character since last phase (-1), Linked (Naked Advantage; -½), Unified Power (Infernal Wrath; -¼) (Real Cost: 1)

30 Total

Infernal Wrath is kind of a hack. There's no way for Characteristics to add to a power (other than STR adding to damage), so I had to create a new Advantage. I think that I decided that an Encounter power was equivalent to 1 Recoverable Charge, but the pricing doesn't match, so I may have based it on something else.