In other news...

tkdguy

Thanks for the explanation, Old Man.  I didn't realize Army pilots were NCOs . . . I just figured they were officers like the rest of the branches.

(With all the Clancy books I've read, I'm surprised I didn't pick up on that.)

To which the Governor has essentially said "Good Riddance!" and signed the bill.

Unfortunately GenCon is locked in through 2020 unless something major happens that lets them out of their contract. Lawmakers in Washington State have already suggested asking them to move to the state that is home to WOTC, Green Ronin, Cheapass Games, and many other significant presses,

To which the Governor has essentially said "Good Riddance!" and signed the bill.

Unfortunately GenCon is locked in through 2020 unless something major happens that lets them out of their contract. Lawmakers in Washington State have already suggested asking them to move to the state that is home to WOTC, Green Ronin, Cheapass Games, and many other significant presses,

Yeah and other entities have joined them. 

Air Force, Navy, and Marine pilots are officers, but Army pilots are NCOs.  Not that warrant officers are paid badly, but rank is pretty central to the identity of a long-term military officer, and I can't imagine any of them would allow themselves to get busted down to enlisted.  They'd quit first.

A warrant officer is an officer, and not a commissioned officer, but I  have never heard them referred to as "NCO." They are not enlisted. They occupy a third category falling between the seniormost enlisted ranks and juniormost commissioned ranks.

One of the things I wonder about - did anyone point out to those who agitated for and voted for this bill that if they make it legal for a, for example, Christian to refuse to sell their goods and services to someone based on their own beliefs, it would also be legal if that same Christian finds himself refused service based on someone else's beliefs?

Lucius Alexander

I could refuse to sell a palindromedary to a Christian, but then again, how many Christians want a palindromedary?