In other news...

tkdguy

Feh.

I havent been allowed near it in over sixty.  No big deal.

I have to thank you folks for,bringing this to my attention though; I woulsnt have known about it otherwise.

I was so busy trying to figure out which two bills I couls shortpay to make sure my kiss had groceries that I almost missed multimillionaires slapping each other at the ceremony they use to reward each other for their achievements in one of the nations least productive industries.

Thanks again.

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Does anyone still really USE polygraph tests to confirm anything?  

Normally, I'd argue that stopping the test in advance was pretty damning that they wanted to hide something...but here?  Yeah, hey, ANYONE claiming to be a legit polygraph examiner deserves 2nd, 3rd, and 4th looks.  This is pure snake country;  the snake oil runneth deep.

https://www.apa.org/topics/cognitive-neuroscience/polygraph 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, unclevlad said:

Well, it turns out that the Academy was unamused by Will Smith's performance during its little ceremony last month.

He's been barred from the Oscars awards ceremony for 10 years.

There was a meme circulating my wife's office about that:

Man banned from boring after-hours  work function as some sort of alleged "punishment."

Want to _really_ punish him?  Make his attendance _mandatory_.

37 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

There was a meme circulating my wife's office about that:

Man banned from boring after-hours  work function as some sort of alleged "punishment."

Want to _really_ punish him?  Make his attendance _mandatory_.

Better yet make him the MC and write his jokes for him.

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

When I applied for a job with the CIA, I withdrew interest before we got to the polygraph part of the security clearance.

I've regretted not trying to get on with the CIA after graduating college. They let the campus know they were interested in our graduates but didn't bother sending a recruiter to campus. To interview, you had to scrape up the money yourself for the trip to Virginia.

Might I ask what made you lose interest?