In other news...

tkdguy

Not like there seems to be much drive by the Feds in particular to enforce the laws making it a mandatory 5 year prison term for a Felon to even TOUCH a firearm.   IIRC ammo also, but I am not absolutely certain.   

EDIT:   DOJ paper on weapon violations.    http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/woofccj.pdf

My guess is few because the group that is supposed to go after such prosecutions are underfunded? (much like the group defending criminals...but hey Taxes!) 

(deleted some text to not take up quite so much room)

I remember when it was forced through.   As I recall, the claim was that the proposed studies were aimed at predetermined conclusions.   My memory has failed me before, and YMMV.

I can imagine that, though I know nothing about it; the rhetoric on both sides is entirely too melodramatic, and it's clear that both sides assume bad faith in all who don't agree with them and are unwilling to consider they might be wrong about that. Bunker mentality dominates the discussion.

I can imagine that, though I know nothing about it; the rhetoric on both sides is entirely too melodramatic, and it's clear that both sides assume bad faith in all who don't agree with them and are unwilling to consider they might be wrong about that. Bunker mentality dominates the discussion.

You leave my family reunions out of this!