In other news...

tkdguy

This is what happens when high school skinheads adopt the flag as a gang rag.  I suspect the SCOTUS had more pressing concerns back in March.

We get handed a surprising number of flags to dispose of in scouts.  It's a Boy Scout thing, not a Cub Scout thing, so I haven't been involved in any actual disposals.  But it's interesting to be part of the process.

Anyone following news on Rachel Dolezal? 

Turns out the head of the NAACP in Spokane, Washington has been lying about her race, or choosing her race, depending on how you look at it.  I find myself more amused by the uproar on all sides than upset by it. It doesn't speak well of her honesty, but some say that in a world where folks can insist on being called he or she despite their biology, why can't they choose what race to be? Others are saying this is essentially a case of 'blackface acting' and people should be appalled. The NAACP is merely stating (Last I heard) that this was between her and her parents, and that there is no rule regarding race as far as being a leader or spokes person for the NAACP. 

As I have no particular investiture here, I suppose amusement at the flamewar resulting is just the safest place for my mind to be.