In other news...

tkdguy

This hits a lot of my buttons so it's no surprise I hope she takes them to the cleaners and other employees join in for their share. This #### needs to be stomped on so hard it leaves a crater. 

Word, you should tolerate having your rights violated, because we pay you...that just rubs me the wrong way... :no:

This hits a lot of my buttons so it's no surprise I hope she takes them to the cleaners and other employees join in for their share. This #### needs to be stomped on so hard it leaves a crater. 

Yeah it had a "Clock in/out" feature that did nothing. And her boss told her how fast she was going when driving. It is a seriously crappy app. 

I do wonder if my bosses track me.  My (work issued) phone uses gps to know when I'm too close to work so it can disable the camera. IP issues. Anyway, they have unremovable  software on the phone that does relate to the GPS . . .

spidersense1.jpg

The Boston Marathon bomber has been sentenced to death by lethal injection.  

I understand that some people are vehemently opposed to the death penalty, but he seems to deserve it about as much as anyone outside serial kllers. 

He deliberately set the bomb down next to a child.   

IMO he is almost certain to burn in hell.   I suppose he could repent, but iirc from the reports out of the courtroom, he showed no remorse. 

Part of me really thinks he should be executed by strapping a satchel charge to his chest with a digital timer in his view.   

That part of me is NOT a good man.  

I do not own a cell phone, and I grow happier about that with every day's news.

I didn't until my divorce. I just missed the early days, got a smart phone two years into my cell phone experience. I will say this, much like the smart watches, these are things I dreamed of as a kid. And when they finally arrived, the people who used the tech ruined it for me. 

I rather love my smart phone, but I'm not attached to it like a few of the guys I know. The pedometer and ability to look up places when I'm lost are pretty awesome. 

The Boston Marathon bomber has been sentenced to death by lethal injection.  

I understand that some people are vehemently opposed to the death penalty, but he seems to deserve it about as much as anyone outside serial kllers. 

He deliberately set the bomb down next to a child.   

IMO he is almost certain to burn in hell.   I suppose he could repent, but iirc from the reports out of the courtroom, he showed no remorse. 

Part of me really thinks he should be executed by strapping a satchel charge to his chest with a digital timer in his view.   

That part of me is NOT a good man.  

Old Man (and the Onion) has a good point, the death penalty isn't a deterrent to martyrs. His death sentence is, rather sadly, for us so we feel that the bad man is punished. 

I'm less into the Death Penalty than I was as a younger man, I think it's by and large a surprisingly expensive class of punishment and doesn't really have an effect on crime but makes good political coin. 

I won't cry for him though.

Recent law enforcement abuses, as well as a constant trickle of reports of flawed DNA evidence processing, forced confessions, and sheer mistaken identity have all turned me pretty solidly against capital punishment.

OTOH, Ted Bundy.

I didn't until my divorce. I just missed the early days, got a smart phone two years into my cell phone experience. I will say this, much like the smart watches, these are things I dreamed of as a kid. And when they finally arrived, the people who used the tech ruined it for me. 

I rather love my smart phone, but I'm not attached to it like a few of the guys I know. The pedometer and ability to look up places when I'm lost are pretty awesome.

My aversion to telephones is deep-seated and nearly lifelong. Dad was on call 24/7/52 most of my youth, and for the first eighteen years of my life, when the phone rang at home, it was usually to take Dad away. After I left home it was the conduit for the weekly emotional inspection and manipulation sessions Mom imposed. Probably phone solicitors, wrong numbers, and harassers called at least an order of magnitude more than anyone I knew.

Portable phones came out in my late 30s (and were out of my price range for a while even if I had wanted one), and for a while when I carried one it was, sure enough, because I was on call. Maybe someday I'll have to get one and carry it, but when I do, I'll get a padded, sealable aluminum hard case, preferably double-walled, that functions as a Faraday cage so literally no signals go in or out until I choose to open the case.

OTOH, Ted Bundy.

For every Bundy and Tsarnaev there seem to be dozens of people unjustly imprisoned or put on death row.  It's an affront that these types might live out their lives at taxpayer expense but otherwise there's no undo button.  That plus it seems to be extraordinarily difficult to pull off a successful execution nowadays.  (Legal execution that is.  Cops gunning people down in the street like dogs is working just fine.)