NND Annotations (1), (2), etc.

Hatut Zeraze

Question

Hi.  I am using Hero 6th ed.  and I keep seeing certain Martial maneuvers with NNDs annotated with a specific number, like (1), (2), etc.   I seem to recall those numbers referencing different defenses, depending on the definition of the specific martial maneuver, but I cannot seem to find where that is at.  I assume it is in the Hero System Martial Arts, but I am brain-farting on where exactly to find it.  Is there anyone who knows what page and in what book I can find this? 

In case my description above was awkwardly worded, here's a very specific example:

On page 66 of Hero System Martial Arts, under Stickfighting, there is an Atemi Strike maneuver.  The Damage/Effect column reads "2D6 NND(1)".  Where do I find out what the "(1)" means? 

Apologies in advance for what I am sure is a basic question. 

1 answer to this question

(1) is defined under Nerve Strike on 6E2 92. (2) is "rigid Resistant PD on the neck or not having to breathe," the common defense against Choke Holds and the like.

There are some other options, but they're much rarer; you can find them listed in HERO System Martial Arts, pp. 247-48.