Healing... Different way.

Armature

I've been looking at the healing power, and it seams... Well, very limited.

So I was thinking. If some one wanted to just heal Body and Stun, couldn't you just say the 10pts buys you 1d6 "normal" healing. So if you put 60pts into healing, you could roll 6d6 and treat it like normal(STUN) damage, but heal that amount of stun and body instead.

Seams like restricting the heal to only Body/Stun equalizes with the ability to repeatedly heal with no maximum. (Like the +1/2 cumulative modifier.)

Compare to a blast attack at 60pts:

Attack: 12d6 normal damage, at 600m.

Heal: 6d6 normal heal, touch.

Or

Heal: 4d6 normal heal, at 600m. (Range +1/2.)

Or should they have to pay the +1/2 modifier since healing doesn't have to penetrate some ones armor like damage attacks do?

That would make it a 3d6 normal heal, cumulative, 600m range.

To me the fact your spending an action to heal instead of doing damage already reduces the groups offensive factor while the enemy's still firing away, so I would think that would balance out giving the cumulative modifier for free.

What are your thoughts?

Actually, previous editions of Hero allowed that option, called Simplified Healing.  It was still no range and had the cap.

Make no mistake, Healing is a force multiplier, not detractor.  Look at all the MMOs and see how prevalent healing abilities are (sadly, players willing to be the healing bots are fewer...)  Negating one or more of your opponents actions with one of your own is not a sacrifice.

Cumulative is an interesting alternative idea rather than the official Reduce Reuse Interval.  I'm gonna ponder it, someone else may do the math.

Chris.