invisibility vs spatial awareness

Quiller

Question

If a character buys invisibility vs detect physical objects does that make them invisible to spatial awareness?

I've heard it suggested that a separate invisibility is required for each special effect but that seems ridiculous

20 points for invisibility to Tofu Tim's super soy sense? Seriously?

1 answer to this question

That's up to the GM. From a strictly technical standpoint, given that a couple of Enhanced Senses are built from the ground up as Detect Physical Objects (or Limited Class of Physical Objects), Invisibility to that specific form of Detect should affect them. On the other hand, since the likes of Spatial Awareness and Radar are written up as specific Senses, the GM might require a character to buy Sense-Affecting Powers to affect them individually, or as part of the Sense Group to which they're assigned. For example, there are a number of powers written up in published books that feature Invisibility or other Sense-Affecting Powers versus Radar. Personally I probably wouldn't allow those Powers to affect Spatial Awareness, and I suspect many other GMs would feel the same way.