Follow up on Personal Focus and Usable by Other

Lucius

Question

Sir,

I have a few questions related to the recent question asked by Killer Shrike about Personal Foci and the Usable on Others family of Advantages.

1. In general, is it legitimate to apply a Naked Advantage to a Naked Advantage? I personally described this as "entailing a four way intersections worth of stop signs" but I didn't notice any rule forbidding it.

2. If I have a Naked Advantage of Usable by Other and it has the Advantage of Usable as Attack (either as another Naked Advantage or because the Naked Advantage was just bought with that Advantage as part of it) can I use that to hijack another character's Power as long as it's NOT a Personal Focus, the Power is within the Active Point limit paid for, and the target does not have whatever defense is specified at the time the "Power Thief" Power is created? (As I recall, any Usable as Attack Power has to have some defined way of stopping it, and "Personal Focus" doesn't qualify because they're immune in any case.)

3. If so, is there any way to grant a Power the protection of a Personal Focus, without making it a Personal Focus? Seems odd if one's innate Powers are more vulnerable to being taken in that way than a Power dependent on some object...

4. Does it also follow from your ruling, that a Power in a Personal Focus can never be Usable by Other?

Would this for example:

Ring of Flight: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), OIF (-1/2), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 20 Minutes (Fuel is Difficult to obtain (complex ritual & components); -1/2), Incantations (-1/4) Real Cost 15

1) Flight 11m, x16 Noncombat, No Turn Mode (+1/4), No Gravity Penalty (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), OIF (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4) Fixed slot Real Cost 2

2) Flight 7m, x16 Noncombat, No Gravity Penalty (+1/2), Usable Simultaneously (up to 16 people at once; +3/4), Recipient must remain close to Grantor (49 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), OIF (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4) Fixed slot Real Cost 2

be legal if the ring is a Universal Focus, but illegal if the ring is a Personal Focus?

Lucius Alexander

Can a palindromedary be an Inherent Personal Focus?

1 answer to this question