Soul Draining Kiss

Steve

In my Sidhe Invasion setting, there exist female Unseelie who drain souls with a kiss as well as other intimate activities, much like a succubus. They feed on this energy, although they can also survive on normal human food.

At a lesser level, the soul drain simply causes weakness and exhaustion. Prolonged, or done more intently, it kills the victim.

I'm thinking this could be modeled as a multipower with two settings, non-lethal and lethal. But I could also see how the effect seems like drowning. Up to a certain point, the victim just gets tired and can recover their vital energies. Past that point of draining, the victim starts to die.

Any suggestions on how to model this? It needn't be a fast drain, as I am trying to keep the point cost as low as I can get.

How about this: a Drain on more than one Characteristic, but the Advantage on the diversified Characteristics having a No Conscious Control Limitation. The Drain works first on non-life-threatening Characteristic(s), but once those reach 0 it switches to BODY automatically.

For the other Characteristics, I would suggest some combination of Endurance, Stun, and/or Recovery.

How about this: a Drain on more than one Characteristic, but the Advantage on the diversified Characteristics having a No Conscious Control Limitation. The Drain works first on non-life-threatening Characteristic(s), but once those reach 0 it switches to BODY automatically.

For the other Characteristics, I would suggest some combination of Endurance, Stun, and/or Recovery.

That sounds pretty close to the effect I am looking for.

Against the average person, a single point drained per Turn simultaneously from End & Stun would take a few minutes to run that person to zero. Then it could shift to a Con & Body draining once the person collapses from exhaustion. Give it additional limitations like requiring skin to skin contact, and it could be a pretty cheap ability for a femme fatale Unseelie.

Can't improve on that design off the top of my head.

But you might want to look up the tv series Lost Girl. It's about a Faery Succubus woman who is starting to learn to control her power and not kill people. Draining people speeds up her healing dramatically but she struggles to keep from going too far.

Characters with this ability could have a Psy Com - "Addicted to soul energy". This means they have to pass an Ego Roll to stop feeding.

Later on in the series the character learns how to "breathe out" stolen lifeforce and push it back into her victims so that they recover. That could be a kind of Healing I guess.

make it fully invisible

Might add an invisible transform that makes the victim want to be intimate

recover from it as over time apart

might make her a muse/vampire

the drain aids 1 aspect of the victim while the drain slowly kills them

Here is my first draft of the power. I tried to use the Advantage of Expanded Effect as a Naked Modifier, but Hero Designer would not let me do it.

Soul Draining Kiss: Drain END 1 point, Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Expanded Effect (END & STUN until unconscious, then BODY and REC) (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1 3/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible, effects of Power are Invisible to both target and other characters; +2) (19 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), No Range (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)

The Real Point cost is four points.

Can't improve on that design off the top of my head.

But you might want to look up the tv series Lost Girl. It's about a Faery Succubus woman who is starting to learn to control her power and not kill people. Draining people speeds up her healing dramatically but she struggles to keep from going too far.

Characters with this ability could have a Psy Com - "Addicted to soul energy". This means they have to pass an Ego Roll to stop feeding.

Later on in the series the character learns how to "breathe out" stolen lifeforce and push it back into her victims so that they recover. That could be a kind of Healing I guess.

I checked out the first episode of Lost Girl, and she does have pretty close to the powerset that I was thinking about. Thanks for the suggestion.

You might also want to add an Enraged(special effect overcome by passion or need to feed) that is tied to the use of this power. Keep the trigger at 8- and choose the recovery level dependent on how much she can control herself.
I could see this as an optional Disadvantage on the package. Thanks for the suggestion.

Here is my first draft of the power. I tried to use the Advantage of Expanded Effect as a Naked Modifier' date=' but Hero Designer would not let me do it. [i']Soul Draining Kiss[/i]: Drain END 1 point, Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Expanded Effect (END & STUN until unconscious, then BODY and REC) (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1 3/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible, effects of Power are Invisible to both target and other characters; +2) (19 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), No Range (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) The Real Point cost is four points.

With only draining 1 point on END & STUN a phase the odds are you will never drop someone down to zero because at the end of every turn the target will get their recovery back. So assuming that the character has a SPD of 4 and will drain 4 points on END & STUN every 12 phases, the target will then get their REC in END & STUN back at the end of phase 12, and if they have a REC of 4 or more, then they will be back up to full END & STUN and it will all start over again.

I think the power should drain REC & END right off the bat, then move on to STUN & BODY. First it tires the target out and weakens them so they can't recover, then it starts to kill them.

Here is my first draft of the power. I tried to use the Advantage of Expanded Effect as a Naked Modifier' date=' but Hero Designer would not let me do it. [i']Soul Draining Kiss[/i]: Drain END 1 point, Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Expanded Effect (END & STUN until unconscious, then BODY and REC) (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1 3/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible, effects of Power are Invisible to both target and other characters; +2) (19 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), No Range (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) The Real Point cost is four points.

With only draining 1 point on END & STUN a phase the odds are you will never drop someone down to zero because at the end of every turn the target will get their recovery back. So assuming that the character has a SPD of 4 and will drain 4 points on END & STUN every 12 phases, the target will then get their REC in END & STUN back at the end of phase 12, and if they have a REC of 4 or more, then they will be back up to full END & STUN and it will all start over again.

I think the power should drain REC & END right off the bat, then move on to STUN & BODY. First it tires the target out and weakens them so they can't recover, then it starts to kill them.

The Drain has a delayed return rate of 5 points per Hour. Even if it didn't they would be getting 5 points a turn, not their RECovery worth.

The way it is constructed, the average person with 20 END and 20 STUN would be drained to zero in four minutes, and they would take four hours to recover back to full. Past that point, another four minutes of draining would kill the average person.