Fire and forget (really, really forget)

Alcibiades

I'm a bit perplezed. I want to be able to fire my magic shotgun, and then the actual shot occur after a period of time, despite my having moved from the area (the actual shot having moved forward in time after I pulled the trigger). So, say, I aim the gun down a hall and pull the trigger, move away, and in 10 minutes the shot occurs in the hall where I was standing before.

I'm not sure how I would do this. Some kind of Time Delay in 5E, but that doesn't seem to exist in 6th (which I am just now looking at). Any ideas?

Re: Fire and forget (really, really forget)

I'm a bit perplezed. I want to be able to fire my magic shotgun' date=' and then the actual shot occur after a period of time, despite my having moved from the area (the actual shot having moved forward in time after I pulled the trigger). So, say, I aim the gun down a hall and pull the trigger, move away, and in 10 minutes the shot occurs in the hall where I was standing before.[/quote']

How do you see this working in play?

How do we model a bomb with a timer in HERO? The only thing different from that sfx is the lack of an actual bomb that could be disarmed in the future. Is the 'can be disarmed' a Limitation that this particular build would lack?

This reminds me of the question that comes up every so often on how to model Thor's Hammer returning after each throw.

Answer: Build it as Blast and just don't take a Limitation requiring him to go pick it up after he throws it.

How do you see this working in play?

The character fires the gun at point x (say, down a hallway through which he thinks that pursuers will come, or at one side of a building to create a distraction). The bullet moves through time 5 minutes (or however far) in the future, and the shot takes place down the hallway or at the side of the building at that time.

Which raises the question of what it's OCV would be, since nobody is aiming it at the time that it takes effect.

The character fires the gun at point x (say' date=' down a hallway through which he thinks that pursuers will come, or at one side of a building to create a distraction). The bullet moves through time 5 minutes (or however far) in the future, and the shot takes place down the hallway or at the side of the building at that time.[/quote']

Does the character know there will be a target there, or is he just guessing? If he knows there will be a target there, we might model it with Indirect. It's resolved in current time, but the SFX are that the character shot a bullet there in the past.

Does the character know there will be a target there' date=' or is he just guessing? If he knows there will be a target there, we might model it with [b']Indirect[/b]. It's resolved in current time, but the SFX are that the character shot a bullet there in the past.

He's just guessing. He doesn't actually know who/what will be there, if anything. He pulls the tiigger; in x time, the bullet emerges from the place in empty space where the gun formerly was.

He's just guessing. He doesn't actually know who/what will be there' date=' if anything. He pulls the tiigger; in x time, the bullet emerges from the place in empty space where the gun formerly was.[/quote']

You might still buy it as Indirect, but now it's Inaccurate and Requires an unmodified Tactics roll because he's shooting blind. If he has absolutely no way to tell if someone will be there he's just wasting ammo. :)

• 2 years later...