May I Draw Your Champion?

comradeDa

I thought I'd work on improving my pencil art skills, so I've decided to draw one picture each day until semester starts (about four weeks or so). Mostly characters and things, to help solidify character ideas in RPGs.

Since I'm not the most creative person ever, I would like some ideas, and am totally willing to link back, credit, or whatever you want.

Also, this is Perth, and there are few people spread out. I kinda feel like playing in a Hero System game, but not up to running one. And I can't find a game. :( So this.

Just so you get an idea of where I'm at, here's a couple of ones I did before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45598[/ATTACH]

The first character is Agent, an unknown British MI6 member who stole a number of experimental technologies allowing him to turn invisible or impersonate any human sized humanoid. He's similar to Black Widow, but less combat oriented and more about infiltration. He can also survive in a vacuum and operate in a significant number of environments. He's a very scout character, but can still hold his own against most normal powered opponents.

His design aesthetic was a sort of tech/horror one set 20 minutes into the future. He'd probably be the character I'd play in a standard campaign.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45597[/ATTACH]

The second character is Right Hook, an engineering student doing her internship at a company that produces servo suits for the military. She has taken some martial arts since starting her vigilante activities, so she can protect herself from some goons, although being a late teens/early twenties female means she'd mostly be about getting away. She has an outlandish inertial dampener which protects her from stronger attacks but not weaker ones.

Her aesthetic was one of a grease monkey, and also an attempt to avoid oversexualising superheroines. She still hits all my numbers. :P I'm weird.

Anyway, I'm ok. Not great, but getting somewhere. Obviously, I don't like spandex as much, and I'm not very confident with faces, so there is some risk if your character is unmasked (although I will happily do that, just a warning). Pose suggestions and stuff are welcome too. As much description as you feel is necessary (as well as character abilities), and I can make up the rest (once I have a starting point, I find it easier to imagine other things out).

Hopefully when I wake up in the morning, I will have some suggestions!

EDIT: Obviously, whether I draw something or not comes down to if I find an idea interesting, if I think I can do it justice, and it's not, uh, 'freaky'.

Re: May I Draw Your Champion?

Well, let's see. I had an idea for doing some basic characters as a kind of starting pick-your-own-hero pamphlet for Hero gamers. Want to do some of those? I was going to start with some basic themes, like Basic Brick, Flying Brick, Skilled Brick, and Palooka.

Want to start with the Basic Brick?

Description: Male, dark haired, Caucasian, wearing a sleeveless body suit. Standing "at ease (military stance)." Has wrap shades.

Yes, you'll need to draw most of his face. :)

What I'd suggest is to make a rough pencil sketch, and let me comment on it. Fill in the detail a bit after each iteration, plan on at least 3 or 4 iterations. We'll decide to go with color or b/w ink later.

I'm only using my fat grey 6B pencil, but I'm fine with the rest of the stuff. Are we going with military affectations? Palooka?

EDIT: Also, some backstory/abilities would be cool. Does he just use his fists? Guns? etc.

This will take place on a day by day basis. Living in Australia means I'm not online when most other people are (and it's nearly 2 AM now, gotta catch some zeds shortly).

No military accoutrements, that was just my description how I want him posed. As for weapons: he's a Brick! That's like a "tank" from MMOs, and he only uses his fists. His super power is being very strong -- super strength -- so no special weapons or energy or auras or anything.

Since he's intended to be a starting character for someone else to play, I need him fairly simple so someone else can make their own stories about him. He doesn't really have any back story, that's for someone else to invent. Also those other characters I mentioned -- Flying Brick, Palooka, etc. -- are all separate characters, so don't worry about them for now. This one is just the Basic Brick.

Edit: physically he should be buf, but I don't want him Arnold Schwarzenegger on steroids buf. I want something more naturalistic, like an Olympic athlete.

Liberty

Shoulder length blond hair combed back, Statue of Liberty style spiked crown in gold, gold "U.S." ear rings, gold bracelets, gold book shaped shield with "JULY IV M DCCL XXVI." on it in left hand, gold torch with crystal flame in right hand, short blue v-neck tunic style dress, gold flat heel sandals.

Think young Cheryl Ladd

Dolphin. Human model Dave Draper, Dolphin (Michael Steelman) is two meters tall, slightly over 150 kilos, and just under 10% body fat. Well muscled without being as ripped as a modern bodybuilder. He is a blue eyed blond with sun-bronzed skin. He doesn't need to wear clothing for protection, and doesn't fully grok it as decoration, so whenever socially acceptable he wears only a Speedo. Even when otherwise fully clothed he will be barefoot if possible. He has a public ID, and never wears a mask. He has moderate super strength and exceptional defenses.

He has the Nietzsche mutation, what doesn't kill him makes him stronger. His parents are marine biologists, as a toddler he learned he could free-dive deeper and stay down longer than they could with full scuba gear. Spending time at great depths is probably what lead to his super strength. In college he fell in love with a telepath. Not psychic himself, he likes to hang out with mentalists. "You can't lie to them, so it encourages you to be open and honest." Naively, he believes the telepaths will extend the same honesty to him.

Though he cannot be hurt, he is very aware that others can be. He has an absolute Code vs Killing. In combat he tends to go for disarms and holds rather than all out attacks. If he must punch, he will pull. He is a Buddhist and an environmentalist. He doesn't need to eat, but if he does eat it will be vegan. Quote: "I'm not a super hero! I'm a marine biologist who's friends keep getting razzled by super villains!"

Psyber

Full on Cyberpath/Cyberkinetic. Mutant Scientist type. Later in his career he gains the ability to manipulate a nanite cloud that resides inside his body allowing him to produce a wide range of effects.

Early Appearance: Standard Super Scientist. Definitely not buff but neither is he scrawny or overly geeky. Tends to wear Lab Coats.

Later Appearance: Much darker. Black Lab/Trenchcoat. Nanites appear on his skin giving him a "circuit board" look. Stance and appearance is more of a vigilante although hints of scientist would still be appropriate. Think "Early Matrix outfit meets Mad Scientist"

Sure here are a few you can have a try at

I'll have pictures at the bottom and changes I'd like

Precision instead of throwing coins, his cape stretches and mimics what his arm is doing

giving a much longer reach(he can stretch up to 43m)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45609[/ATTACH]

Wraith animated clothing no doubt that it is a female form

flies upright like Magneto

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45610[/ATTACH]

Blip add a cloak w/ a hood,thigh high boots,gloves on both arms ,elbow length ,uses 2 daggers

is a teleporter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45611[/ATTACH]

Ghost Cat Have fun

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45612[/ATTACH]

You could try my timecop, Paradox Timely. She has alburn 1980's style big hair, and her dress uniform can be described as a 'Satern Girl' style mini-dress. (You can also proably search the board for 'Paradox Timely' to get the pics done by MajorTom2009 done with Fabrica)

I kinda wanted to update once per day, but real life gets in the way. >.<

I did a drawing yesterday and scrapped it (shame), but am currently drawing two more. Thanks for the ideas guys. Will upload once I finish.

EDIT: Finished one I started a few days ago.

NORMALS, or Non-super Operative, Range: Medium/Aggressive to Light/Sedate, are mercenary regulars tasked with eliminating or capturing medium power level villains or heroes, depending on who hires them. They contract with the US military.

Aesthetically, I wanted a 20 minutes into the future "riot" force, with jump packs. Think those guys with sick sticks in Minority Report.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45616[/ATTACH]

Red Tiger, from Hyper-Man

Ok, I'm still dialing in perspective, but from the character sheet I ended up getting a sort of asian Bane (DKR, not & Robin), so I just went with that. His head is a little small, and his mask is kind of off-putting (especially since it never movies, no matter his emotional state). Loose kung-fu pants, and has both his signature weapons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45623[/ATTACH]

Now to start on number 2 for the night.

EDIT: Hmm, photo quality came out relatively poor. Will try again.

EDIT 2: Ok, re-uploaded. I guess this is one of the ideas I had that didn't really pan out that great. His head is a little bit too small, and the perspective is kinda wonky. The chinese face mask is supposed to be this sort of disturbing baby face thing that puts people off generally.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't like... I do every one. It has to be interesting for me to draw, or else, well... I'm not going to draw it. Here:

Minor villain I drew on a camping trip last weekend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45692[/ATTACH]

The straight jacket is an interesting part of his costume, and he has at least one device that allows him to operate.

The ideas behind him are based off my own emotions when I'm having a massive depressive episode and pictures of mental patients drawing where they feel their emotions the most, so concentrating on doing stuff with the hands and head (where anger is felt the most).

Anyway, being out of town did mean I couldn't check the forum until I got back yesterday.

Paradox Timely for Tuesday. I went with a sort of Star Trek/Jetsons retro thing with whatever details were entertaining to me. I hope that hair is big enough. What does TED stand for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45693[/ATTACH]

Anyway, this is probably the most feminine one I've done so far. I changed some of the names of the powers, but I don't think it really matters (same special effects, the name just suited better I though, e.g. nural blaster sustain to Neural Blast, Charged).

Paradox Timely for Tuesday. I went with a sort of Star Trek/Jetsons retro thing with whatever details were entertaining to me. I hope that hair is big enough. What does TED stand for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45693[/ATTACH]

Anyway, this is probably the most feminine one I've done so far. I changed some of the names of the powers, but I don't think it really matters (same special effects, the name just suited better I though, e.g. nural blaster sustain to Neural Blast, Charged).

Humm... interesting picture. I expected more of a 1950's-1960's style 'future' outfit (based on what MajorTom 2009 did), but 80's headbanger girl works also.