Hero System - The key to Personal Success

Panpiper

I have long sought the key to my getting more work done. At long last, I have found it. I have turned my work (and other chores) into a game. I have made myself the bargain that I get to reincarnate as a character I build using the Hero Games System, and I earn a specified small number of character points for each task I complete on a list. I now find myself scouring that list to figure out what 'else' I can accomplish this day, so I can spend more points on my hoped for self. I have accomplished more in the last week than I have in the previous two months!

Suggestions..

If HERO-based self-improvement is your aim, might I suggest a few books that I've personally found very helpful? They are:

"The 7 Powers of Highly Effective Heroes"

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" (I'd recommend the non-mind controller version)

and my favorite,

"Think and Grow your XP"

All them have made a significant difference to my life....

Re: Hero System - The key to Personal Success

I have used Hero as a self-improvement motivator. What happened was that we played a Fantasy Hero game where we statted ourselves out. Needless to say, the results were pathetic. But it inspired me to de-patheticize my character sheet. Probably the easiest ways to increase your real life CP are to learn a martial art, and raise your STR and CON by lifting and cardio, respectively. I also traded my crippling Nearsightedness phys lim for a Financially Poor soc lim.

I haven't tried to stat myself out in ages. I'll have to do that when my Champions Complete arrives.