Costumes

Cassandra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Costumes

either him or the Excamation Point put it back in her costume after it popped out when Flare ran into 1 of them(I have the comic somewhere here)

Putting her breast back in and the comment just made Flare really angry and she took it out on the one who did it

while the material was magical it was only that it would forever be clean and any tears would repair themselves

staying in place no matter what Flare did was NOT part of the enchantment by Nik(Dennis said it was a prank by NiK on Flare)

I believe Darkon pulled down Flare's strapless top in a issue of her Hero Games inspired comic a few years ago. She did not appreciate that very much.

Is this a problem?

Only in so much that one party tries to argue the costume is realistically possible by comparing it to an actual article of clothing only to fall back on "comic magic material" as an excuse when their initial assertion is shown to be wrong.

It doesn't really matter, but the shifting of goalposts in that way is irritating to some people, even if a serious debate is not actually taking place.

If I felt the need to explain how WW's costume stays on, I'd claim that it actually goes up to her neck. The above-the-red portion is either perfectly transparent, or has been painstakingly matched to her skin tone; you can't tell it's there unless you're looking close enough that she has every right to slap you for a personal space violation.

Let me ask--did Lynda Carter ever have a problem staying in her Wonder Woman outfit? Because that was about as close to the comic version as any TV superhero adaptation, and if she or any of her stuntpeople ever had any wardrobe malfunctions, I never heard about them.

I certainly never had a problem with Wonder Woman's costume.

Let me ask--did Lynda Carter ever have a problem staying in her Wonder Woman outfit? Because that was about as close to the comic version as any TV superhero adaptation, and if she or any of her stuntpeople ever had any wardrobe malfunctions, I never heard about them.

Did you ever think about her being a foreign spy dressed up to look like an American flag suit superhero?

The back of her costume is much higher than several of the comic book versions including the one posted earlier this thread.

The back of her costume is much higher than several of the comic book versions including the one posted earlier this thread.

The fabric is also much thicker(layers of fabric and boning)than the picture given earlier

You can see the difference in this back shot from the series:

301960d1281569018-lynda-carter-wonder-women-caps-red-white-blue-costume-wwbtc2395a.jpg

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Carter fell out of that thing a few times over the seasons. Obviously those wouldn't make it to broadcast.