Comic Book (Marvel / DC) Character Write Ups?

George Drury

First, I have done several searches of the forum and the vast majority of the links, to folks Marvel and DC characters, no longer function. Also, the ones that I found are not 6th edition format characters. So any new resources as far as existing comic book characters go?

Secondly, what resources to you use to convert characters? For example, where do you get source information for invulnerability, intelligence, strength, blast etc. I, of course, can use 'best guess' but I was interested in what others use to determine how strong, for example, one character is vs another.

Re: Comic Book (Marvel / DC) Character Write Ups?

Secondly' date=' what resources to you use to convert characters? For example, where do you get source information for invulnerability, intelligence, strength, blast etc. I, of course, can use 'best guess' but I was interested in what others use to determine how strong, for example, one character is vs another.[/quote']

Pick a version of the character you want to convert and start with some real world stats to convert (lifting and movement are really good for this). For example, my version of Superman is heavily influenced by the Animated Series from the 90's.

Re: Comic Book (Marvel / DC) Character Write Ups?

A couple of things to mention. Write ups of existing characters can get really messy here on the boards, there is always a lot of dispute over how accurate they are. Also, most comic book characters have been through many different levels of power, so it really depends on what version of a character you are looking at as well. As far as resources go comics, various wiki's, tv and other media can be used for examples to help try to identify what power level a given ability is. Of course at the end of the day there is no definitive writeup on any comic character. At best you will get one person's take on that character. Also, be aware there are a number of writeups around here that use some form of limiting factor (Superman on 350 pts for instance) that result in either odd builds to get around the points limits or are more homage builds that don't try to represent the character with any accuracy (ALIMHO).