CV and MCV values - is it ok to actively increase them based on DEX and EGO?

Jujitsuguy

Question

Steve:

Apologies for any newb thinking here, but I was curious...the fundamental rules from what I see indicate that CV is based on DEX/3 and MCV is based on EGO/3.

Unless this is a default configuration with Hero Designer--which I will check on also--if the rules for CV calculation is correct, if I increase my DEX or EGO, is it acceptable to also increase CV or MCV, based on the growing base characteristic values?

Example:

My Monk by default config on Hero Designer has a Dex of 10, and therefore he base calculation for OCV/DCV is DEX/3 or 3. If my Monk somehow doubles his DEX via experience or other means, shouldn't the OCV/DCV values reflect this?

My thought is a person that is extremely Dextrous would have an easier time striking than a person w/ a much lower baseline DEX.

If there is something written on this, I apologize, but then again, I am basing some of my observations perhaps how Hero Designer is behaving. I know I can always add in automatic modifiers in an extension template for the game.

Thanks for the time to look at this.

Chuck D. aka "Jujitsuguy"

1 answer to this question

Re: CV and MCV values - is it ok to actively increase them based on DEX and EGO?

Long-time HERO players often default to having CV in the DEX/3 neighborhood and MCV in the EGO/3 neighborhood, because that's how things used to be calculated. However, that's in no way, shape, or form a hard-and-fast rule in 6E, as can be seen in many published character sheets. So you can buy your character's CV and MCV to whatever amounts you like (that the GM will permit ;) ). If you want to tie them to DEX/EGO and increase them when those Characteristics increase, you certainly can, but if you don't want to you don't have to.