Superhero Costume Party

Asperion

Re: Superhero Costume Party

Rather than dress in costumes that might provide the wrong people with a clue as to their secret

identities, superheroes attending a costume party might well choose to come as heroic characters

from literature -- for example, one of King Arthur's knights, the Scarlet Pimpernel, or Zorro -- or

their favorite character from movies or television.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Minus 21 and counting...

Cpt. Patriot would probably dress as a Minuteman because of his flagsuit nature. He has no secret identity to hide.

Psi-kick would avoid a superhero costume like the plague to avoid any possible confusion to being a hero.

Enermatrix, would have to be dragged to the party by a friend; she thinks of herself more of a scientist/hero than the party girl she was in high school. The type of costume wouldn't matter to her.

"he's going to kill me"...Your his bestfriend..."he's going to kill me" Your invulnerable...He'll find a way

Clark Kent comes out dressed as Batman, Lois is already dressed as Robin...wonder if there was an underline fetish in this...

The original Psyber would have gone as whoever was the "most powerful" superhero of the time (he always felt slightly underpowered as a hero and had a mild case of "power envy").

The latest incarnation of his back story (After he went villain for COV and was later reformed) he would wear a nanite sheath that he could mentally control that would allow him to change his "costume" at will and he would use this to try and find ways to humiliate other party-goers by their costume choices (Death of his wife has left him somewhat of an ass, even tho he is back on the side of good.)

I read a Batman story once where he went to a costume party in his costume. He had planned differently, but had to stop a heist on the way. He didn't have time to change back into the planned costume. He thought to himself later that he shouldn't have been worried. There were 3 other batmen there, and they all looked more authentic than his!

I'm sending this to our GM via email. Raven will have to do this now if only for a wing girl. She'd have to break out her old cheerleader uniform. The keyblade weilder would of course go as lois lane.

Enermatrix' date=' would have to be dragged to the party by a friend; she thinks of herself more of a scientist/hero than the party girl she was in high school. The type of costume wouldn't matter to her.[/quote']

Olorin my super mage would come as a dragon. Full size. Flames and all. Either that, or he would come in looking like Tolkein's balrog (flames, sword and whip included). All my other characters except Futurian (the man from the future) would not bother. Futurian probably would come in dressed like a neanderthal.

I ran a Halloween adventure for my Champions group in which they went to a costume party. Most of them dressed as something other than their normal selves. The one guy that did dress in his normal costume was voted the runner-up in the superhero costume category, right behind someone else dressed as him. I had all sorts of costumed people there, from copycats of the heroes themselves, to some villains, to some random normals (French maid with chin stubble, cop with an eyepatch, anime catgirl, etc.)

When the inevitable fight broke out, good guys and bad guys had a bit of a time telling friend from foe from bystander.

In a Lois Lane Comic Lois was gassed and kidnapped and replaced with a double who pretended have lizard skin, along with a Scientist after a lab accident. Lois escaped and with Lucy's help chloroformed and kidnapped her double, and met with the scientist. Before Lois and Lucy could discover what really was going on they were both chloroformed by the Double and the Scientist, and woke up just in time for an alien invasion!

Turns out the Double was Supergirl, and the Scientist was Superman. They had replaced Lois so they could deal with the Alien Invasion.

Gotta Love the Silver Age!