Multimedia Examples of Stats in Action, Vol. I: COM/Striking Appearance

megaplayboy

Re: Multimedia Examples of Stats in Action, Vol. I: COM/Striking Appearance

Not sure I get your point here. COM (or Striking appearance, if you prefer) clearly affects any kind of social interaction, even something as mundane as getting a bank loan (call it a Bureaucratics roll, if you like). This point is basically beyond dispute: not just from my personal experience, but from the dozens of studies looking at the effect of height/weight/attractiveness on salaries, promotion, etc. If you are asking about how we'd translate those clips to skills, I'd say the first is COM and the second PRE.

If, on the other hand, your point was just to post videos of Cameron Diaz ... well, by all means, carry on! :)

cheers, Mark

Re: Multimedia Examples of Stats in Action, Vol. I: COM/Striking Appearance

Not sure I get your point here. COM (or Striking appearance, if you prefer) clearly affects any kind of social interaction, even something as mundane as getting a bank loan (call it a Bureaucratics roll, if you like). This point is basically beyond dispute: not just from my personal experience, but from the dozens of studies looking at the effect of height/weight/attractiveness on salaries, promotion, etc. If you are asking about how we'd translate those clips to skills, I'd say the first is COM and the second PRE.

If, on the other hand, your point was just to post videos of Cameron Diaz ... well, by all means, carry on! :)

cheers, Mark

Well, I think it could be useful to have visual and in-genre examples of the effects of various stats, such as attractiveness. Sometimes there's either a dispute about what kind of effect a stat or ability should have in a situation, and/or alternatively there's a disconnect between what a player communicates they want their PC to be capable of and what the GM hears. So this could be helpful. Also, it is a good excuse to post video of

Cameron Diaz. :D