A Wicked Situation...

steriaca

Your heros find an disused subway station underground (even if your city dosen't have a subway system), and finds an abandoned storehouse/prison. It is empty except for one woman dressed in victorean underclothes and tightly bound and gaged in a cage. As you get closer, you can see the fear in her eyes, ESPECALY if your male. She can tell you her name, but has no memories except for her time in captivity. What will your charater do?

Re: A Wicked Situation...

What about pre-captivity memories? Is she really from Victorian times, or just dressed up that way?

EDIT: Regardless of the situation, Vigil is going to live up to his name and observe the situation for a farily lengthy period before getting involved, if for no other reason than to see if it's a trap, and if it's not a trap then to see if whoever tied the girl up is coming back. If this is simply what it looks like - a kidnapper/rapist playing sick games - then neither one of them will see Vigil until he quite literally takes the rapist's head off.

No, Vigil isn't particularly heroic. But he'll guarantee this guy will NEVER do it again...

Look for the space-time portal after freeing and question the victim.

Nope...no portal unless the gamemaster says otherwise. The thread is ment to tie into my "Mister Wicked" charater (villian) thread.

Brickhouse : free the girl, lead her to hospital and stay at her bed as long as necessary then dig up the city to find the sadist that made that to her. No compromise, no patience anymore. Wrecking havoc in criminal nest in the city and be so destructive of their goods that it will force them to help me to find the Wicked...

Knockout : free the girl and call the police, and when she's in good hands, go back to the subway to get captured and become the Harlot 'oops.. Mister Wicked thread followed ^^ )

Powerstar: His initial response would be to free the poor girl first, then get her to where she can

recieve medical attention. Once that part was out of the way, his next step would be to determine

if she was, in fact, from the time period suggested by her clothing; if that was indeed the case, he'd

go about trying to help her to adjust to her new time period (as someone who comes from another

time period himself -- the late 1940s, post-WWII -- he'd consider it only right and proper to help

her to adjust to her current circumstances, the way that he was on his arrival in 2006).

If, however, the medical examination turns up evidence of medical procedures that didn't exist during

the Victorian age -- bone grafts, joint fusion/replacement sugery, organ transplants, etc. -- then his

next step would be to bring in a fellow teammate of his: Thespian, who possesses telepathic abilities,

and who could perform a telepathic scan upon the poor girl to find out (if possible) what happened to

her, and who was responsible for it. From that point onward, it'd be a straightforward investigation.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Blackcat would use her Ch'i adjustment to heal any physical issues to make her completely healthy, then her 90 pt psychic healing to get her memories back*. She would take her under her wing and strengthen her will and self confidence until she is a fully functioning person again. Then based on the description of the villain in the companion thread, she would find him, beat him to a bloody pulp, and then trans-dimensional travel with him to find a world that is run by amazons and have them break him as a form of poetic justice. Cat is currently over 1200 points with a huge pool - in some ways she is Deux ex Machina woman.

* if her abilities were insufficient she would take the woman to her fiance who is another worlds single greatest telepathy, who could do it. Failing that the organization she works for has some people to help. At 1200 points she is an agent for them - a high end agent, but not the top of the heap.

Obviously this thing isn't in the type of games she plays in. :D

After taking a look at Mr. Wicked, well, unless the GM did some deus ex machina with the VPP so Mr. Wicked could detect Vigil first, he's meat on the table. He'll walk up to the girl... and step into the afterlife in one easy step.

Nope...no portal unless the gamemaster says otherwise. The thread is ment to tie into my "Mister Wicked" charater (villian) thread.

Yeah, after reading that thread.

Badger- when he finds the "warehouse" goes full-tilt berserk, kills all henchmen currently there, most will be dismembered in the enragement. Any attempting to escape will be chased down with vicious ferocity.

Your heros find an disused subway station underground (even if your city dosen't have a subway system)' date=' and finds an abandoned storehouse/prison. It is empty except for one woman dressed in victorean underclothes and tightly bound and gaged in a cage. As you get closer, you can see the fear in her eyes, ESPECALY if your male. She can tell you her name, but has no memories except for her time in captivity. What will your charater do?[/quote']

Based on my earlier answer, this entire question might be way better placed here:

Dark Champions

It is simply to dark for a Champions game, so most answers you will get will be "save the girl, hunt the guy". Because people don't expect such a situation in a (Light) Champions game.

Based on my earlier answer, this entire question might be way better placed here:

Dark Champions

It is simply to dark for a Champions game, so most answers you will get will be "save the girl, hunt the guy". Because people don't expect such a situation in a (Light) Champions game.

True. But the charater can (and proably should) be able to water down-able.

Vitus : Suspect a trap - examine the area VERY closely for evidence that his is not, in fact, an eldritch abomination attempting to trick me into releasing it. If I is what it appears to be, get the women to safety, hunt down those responsible, and kill them slowly. Breaking their arms and legs, then walling them up somewhere, has a certain appeal. True, Vitus has a moral compass that points somewhere spinward of *redacted*, but leaving an innocent woman brainwiped in a cage and forgeting about her is just sadistic.

Zero : A powerful telepath. That should help rehabilitate and identify her.

ROVER : Release her, while replaying various Heroic Rescue scenes on his chest screen. Trains and twiddly mustaches may feature.

Vitus : Suspect a trap - examine the area VERY closely for evidence that his is not, in fact, an eldritch abomination attempting to trick me into releasing it. If I is what it appears to be, get the women to safety, hunt down those responsible, and kill them slowly. Breaking their arms and legs, then walling them up somewhere, has a certain appeal. True, Vitus has a moral compass that points somewhere spinward of *redacted*, but leaving an innocent woman brainwiped in a cage and forgeting about her is just sadistic.

Zero : A powerful telepath. That should help rehabilitate and identify her.

ROVER : Release her, while replaying various Heroic Rescue scenes on his chest screen. Trains and twiddly mustaches may feature.

ROVER's intentions might be the best, but something tells me that if he plays the aforementioned

scenes on his chest screen, he'll gain direct experience of full-bore, terrified-out-of-her-mind

hysteria (:shock:)...

EDIT: Wait a minute -- Vitus actually has a moral compass?! Astounding (:jawdrop:)...

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

ROVER's intentions might be the best, but something tells me that if he plays the aforementioned

scenes on his chest screen, he'll gain direct experience of full-bore, terrified-out-of-her-mind

hysteria (:shock:)...

well, ROVER doesn't understand humans very well yet. He is largely self-educated, after all

EDIT: Wait a minute -- Vitus actually has a moral compass?! Astounding (:jawdrop:)...

Sure he does - it's strong on utility, though, and he DOES come from a Bronze-Age slave-keeping culture. But grave-robbing and cannibalism are right out. That said, at least one major antagonist derailed Vitus' plans by exploiting his ethics, leaving him neatly snookered.

Sure he does - it's strong on utility' date=' though, and he DOES come from a Bronze-Age slave-keeping culture. But grave-robbing and cannibalism are right out. That said, at least one major antagonist derailed Vitus' plans by exploiting his ethics, leaving him neatly snookered.[/quote']

'Exploited his ethics and left him snookered.' I don't want to know.

In real life, I have a friend who works with and trains people who hunt down Mr. Wickeds. F. runs f.r.e.e. international. F. also spends a lot of time counseling victims and getting them into halfway houses and other recovery centers.

well, ROVER doesn't understand humans very well yet. He is largely self-educated, after all

Sure he does - it's strong on utility, though, and he DOES come from a Bronze-Age slave-keeping culture. But grave-robbing and cannibalism are right out. That said, at least one major antagonist derailed Vitus' plans by exploiting his ethics, leaving him neatly snookered.

Vitus has ethics?

Major Tom 2009 :nonp:

Minus 93 and counting...

In real life' date=' I have a friend who works with and trains people who hunt down Mr. Wickeds. F. runs f.r.e.e. international. F. also spends a lot of time counseling victims and getting them into halfway houses and other recovery centers.

I am happy to know such an organization exists.

Captain Citadel: First, rescue the maiden in distress. Then realize the situation could have been a trap, a trapped demon in disguise, or a VIPER trap designed to appeal to his Gentleman complication. Then he scans everything. He's a walking crime scene lab, CIA listening post, and more combined, so WILL find some trace of the villain. Of course, he's also a pacifist, but this is the kind of situation he would ask the GM to roll vs complication, total or no. If he does lose his cool, there's not going to be much left of the villain; molecular destabilizers aren't pretty. If he doesn't, he'll deliver the now sleeping villain to the cops, along with a High Def recording of the crime scene (the "warehouse") as he found it.

'Exploited his ethics and left him snookered.' I don't want to know.

In real life, I have a friend who works with and trains people who hunt down Mr. Wickeds. F. runs f.r.e.e. international. F. also spends a lot of time counseling victims and getting them into halfway houses and other recovery centers.

I, for one, am extremly happy such an org. exists in real life. Mister Wicked, on the over hand, is sickened at the thought, but that is him.