The Good and Bad about Marvel and DC

Cassandra

Re: The Good and Bad about Marvel and DC

It still shouldn't be hard to write new thought provoking material for mutants without constantly banging the discrimination drum. It just requires veering off into more SF-type plots. Are mutants inherently better than sapiens? What happens if a mutant and a normal reproduce? Can they reproduce? What happens to mutants whose mutations suck? Can mutants be genetically engineered? In the womb? What would happen if a surrogate fetus turned out to be a mutant and the surrogate changes her mind? What if the fetus turns telepathic at three months gestation? What if mutants could be harnessed for energy? What if they could be harvested for energy? What if a mutant hippie in a robe was able to heal people with a touch? And so on.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still shouldn't be hard to write new thought provoking material for mutants without constantly banging the discrimination drum. It just requires veering off into more SF-type plots. Are mutants inherently better than sapiens? What happens if a mutant and a normal reproduce? Can they reproduce? What happens to mutants whose mutations suck? Can mutants be genetically engineered? In the womb? What would happen if a surrogate fetus turned out to be a mutant and the surrogate changes her mind? What if the fetus turns telepathic at three months gestation? What if mutants could be harnessed for energy? What if they could be harvested for energy? What if a mutant hippie in a robe was able to heal people with a touch? And so on.

Believe it or not most of those have been addressed.

To be fair a number of these have been addressed.

• 1 month later...

The Bad about Marvel and DC.

I am so bored of the Joker for DC Comics.

I am so tired Nightwing getting his but kicked by every NEW Villain who shows up in DC Comics.

I am so fed up with disjointed multicomic story lines in DC Comics.

I am so bored of Mulitple cross over story lines in Marvel Comics.

I am so tired of smaller and smaller Marvel Comics.

I am so fed up with Price Gouging in Marvel Comics.

Cheerless

QM

Marvel Good: Ed Brubaker' date=' Greg Pak, Abnett and Lanning Marvel Bad: Joe Quesada, Jeph Loeb, Brian Bendis .[/quote'] QFT the decompressed story telling fo bendis and the civil war storyline almost killed my interest in super-heroes

and mine as well

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting this thread.

Good/Bad about Marvel

Everyone is a superhero now.

Rick Jones, Betty Ross, Thunderbolt Ross, Flash Thompson, Pepper Potts.

It's like DC in the 1960s with Lois getting Kryptonian Powers and Jimmy Olsen transforming into anything from Elastic Lad to a woman (okay, he was just cross dressing a few times.)