One hand grabs

taenia

Question

Hello and thanks for being so helpful and responsive to all our questions.

I am building and elastic man type character focusing on grabs especially one handed ones but I still wanted to be able to bind 2 limbs with each grab. I was curious how the one handed grab interacted with a few maneuvers.

If i use a regular grab can I do a multi grab and make two attack rolls and grab two limbs, one with each attack?

Can I design or use a martial grab maneuver that uses one hand but grabs two limbs? Does martial grab work like this?

What if i design a martial grab maneuver that grabs four limbs, can i use this one handed and would it grab 2? 3? all 4?

Thanks again

1 answer to this question

Re: One hand grabs

As stated on 6E2 65, when a character chooses to perform a Grab one-handed, that “typically” means that both the Grabber and Grabee each still have one hand free. Nothing in the rules prohibits a character trying to make a Multiple Attack Grab one-handed to Grab more than one limb, though the -5 STR penalty still applies and the GM would certainly be well within his rights to forbid it based on his common sense interpretation of the circumstances.

In light of the statement on 6E2 65, characters cannot perform Grab-based Martial Maneuvers that automatically target two or more limbs one-handed. They would have to Multiple Attack with the Maneuver to Grab two or more limbs, just as with a regular Grab.