How to handle Aid Powers with differing maximums and return rates?

heatmonkey

Question

Scenario:

Aid A - Aid STR 4d6

Aid B - Aid STR 1d6, delayed return rate: 1 day

Bob is hit by Aid A for 12 and Aid B twice for 3 and 4. Current adjustment is +19 out of a maximum of 24.

How does the return work? I think it goes like this:

Post-12 one, 5 points return, current to +14, maximum down to 19

Post-12 two, 5 points return, current to +9, maximum to 14

Post-12 three, ???

If we loose 5 points again, we eat into the 7 gained from Aid B with the delayed return. Do we drop to +7 with max of 9?

Next turn do we drop to 6 with max of 6 and hold there for a day, going down to +1 max 1 for another day?

I get the impression that the Aid pool is only governed by a single maximum and a single return rate at any given time, but I'm unsure of how maximums interact when the return rates are different. Detailed examples would be appreciated :)

1 answer to this question

Re: How to handle Aid Powers with differing maximums and return rates?

Detailed examples you're not going to get, particularly not on a Friday night. ;)

As noted on 6E1 135, "f two different Adjustment Powers are applied to the same Characteristic or ability, record and track the fade/recovery of each one individually." So where I think you're getting tripped up here is that your impression isn't correct. Just track each one separately both in terms of its maximum effect and its fade rate.

I think that should take care of your question in broad strokes. If you're still confused about some aspect of this -- and Adjustment Powers can definitely be confusing! ;) -- please post a follow-up.