Ranged Martial Arts

tiger

Question

1 answer to this question

Re: Ranged Martial Arts

I'm not sure if you mis-spoke here or not, but just to be clear, it's specifically not legal to buy the Ranged (+1/2) Advantage for STR, as mentioned on 6E1 294. (The GM could allow it, of course, but if so he has to deal with the implications. ;) ) The way to exert STR at Range is to buy Telekinesis.

Once you've bought Telekinesis, 6E1 295 has rules for using it to perform Martial Arts attacks. You don't need to buy Ranged Martial Arts, but you do have to pay points to be able to use some Maneuvers with TK. Of course, you could buy a Ranged Martial Arts style and define it as "I can use Martial Arts at Range," but since RMA has fewer options than regular Martial Arts that probably won't satisfy you.

Another possibility is to buy powers that simulate what you want to do. In Champions Powers, check out such powers as "Float Like A Teleporter, Sting Like A Bee," "Teleportation Boxing," and "Reflex Teleportation" -- they're great for this sort of thing, and you can use them as the basis for designing similar powers. I've played teleporting martial artists built using those abilities and it's a heckuva lot of fun. :)