Surrounding a character

taenia

Question

I was curious if you could use shapechange to change into a shape that surrounds another character and prevent them from being hit because you are in the way? I know you can use Barrier plus feedback to turn into a wall but I was looking for something that let them move around like normal, not attack unless its indirect or Mental or something. How could you make that work?

1 answer to this question

Re: Surrounding a character

A character couldn't do that with just Shape Shift, since that doesn't allow a significant increase in size and to surround a human-sized target a character would probably need to be approximately twice human size. Thus, you'd have to Link some Growth or Stretching to the Shape Shift (or possibly just substitute Stretching -- Shape Shift might not even be necessary). However, adjudicating the effects of surrounding another character that way is up to the GM. While the surrounder might take the damage from any attacks, personally I'd probably rule that their CVs are both affected as if the surrounder were performing a Grab, and I probably wouldn't let the surroundee do much (if any) moving or attacking.