the FN 303 air rifle

Ragitsu

Re: the FN 303 air rifle

The normal shot is a Blast. "Bruises" are what happens when a Blast/Normal Damage Attack does BODY, but not enough to overcome your PD.

Edit: It could even be the effect of a "No Body" attack. Nobody said "Stun only" phaser are nice/comfortable (in fact after multiple hits, you should see a doctor).

The normal shot is a Blast. "Bruises" are what happens when a Blast/Normal Damage Attack does BODY, but not enough to overcome your PD.

Edit: It could even be the effect of a "No Body" attack. Nobody said "Stun only" phaser are nice/comfortable (in fact after multiple hits, you should see a doctor).

Since the weapon will be used against "ordinary humans", how strong do you think the attack should be?

Or up to 12d6, with "Does No Body" -0 Limitation.

Also, don't forget Beam.

I did forget Beam. However, 12d6 is definitely too much - the rifle is unlikely to knock a normal out cold with one shot. I also disagree with, "Does No Body." There was an incident on Boston where a woman was killed by one of these.

I did forget Beam. However' date=' 12d6 is definitely too much - the rifle is unlikely to knock a normal out cold with one shot. I also disagree with, "Does No Body." There was an incident on Boston where a woman was killed by one of these.[/quote']

One. Out of how many that got shot with that weapon?

I mean Airbags and Car safety belts kill people, but so many less than they save.

The problem is that in Reality there is no "non-Lethal" weapon. No matter how perfectly you calculate it: Every force that has a reseonable chance to be felt, has a chance to cause death. People die of heart attacks because other tried to scare them...

Luckily for any Hero game we can ignore these "one in a million" chances when building powers.

One. Out of how many that got shot with that weapon?

Well, if we use my suggested build (4d6 Blast, Reduced Penetration, etc) a max damage roll to the head would still do 8 BODY. Mind you, that's one time in 28,000 (rounding off), so it's pretty rare. Most shots won't do BODY at all. Still, it's a long way from that to never doing BODY, IMHO, if we're aiming for realism.

Well' date=' if we use my suggested build (4d6 Blast, Reduced Penetration, etc) a max damage roll to the head would still do 8 BODY. Mind you, that's one time in 28,000 (rounding off), so it's pretty rare. Most shots won't do BODY at all. Still, it's a long way from that to never doing BODY, IMHO, if we're aiming for realism.[/quote']

Or 0.0036%, when somebody has 2 PD.

But what if we have a Child with 1 PD (or even 0). Or somebdoy with No STUN power? I think this gun should not be able to do body agaisnt them.

Or 0.0036%, when somebody has 2 PD.

But what if we have a Child with 1 PD (or even 0). Or somebdoy with No STUN power? I think this gun should not be able to do body agaisnt them.

In a 4 Color game yes, in a more Realistic game no. This is also why I like the house rule (that my group tends to use in most genres) that any lump sum of 20 STUN past defenses equals 1 BODY taken. This STUN can be from anything -- an HKA, RKA, Blast, or no BODY NND. The idea is that there are no true non-lethal attacks and that said BODY might just be a severe headache, bruising, battering, or general illness. But you will hurt after taking so much damage in a single shot.

In a 4 Color game yes' date=' in a more Realistic game no. This is also why I like the house rule (that my group tends to use in most genres) that any lump sum of 20 STUN past defenses equals 1 BODY taken. This STUN can be from anything -- an HKA, RKA, Blast, or no BODY NND. The idea is that there are no true non-lethal attacks and that said BODY might just be a severe headache, bruising, battering, or general illness. But you will hurt after taking so much damage in a single shot.[/quote']

But, are you more likely to die when somebody impales you on a sword because of it? Or could you start inner beelding after multiple hits of that strenght?

I think "severe hedache, bruising, battering and general illness" is better modelled as a drain to stun. Maybe a Long Term Endurance Loss? APG II 110 has some sugestion to "Diseases and Illness".

Generally speaking, any damage that, taken cumulatively, can kill someone is defined as Body damage. If enough bruising can constitute fatal internal bleeding... *shrugs*

Granted, you may have done enough (Stun) damage to knock them out first, and stopped, but if continued attacks could kill them, then some body was being done to them the whole time, as well.

Personally I consider bruising BODY damage. Might only be 1 point' date=' but still.[/quote']

Generally speaking' date=' any damage that, taken cumulatively, can kill someone is defined as Body damage. If enough bruising can constitute fatal internal bleeding... *shrugs*[/quote']

Damage that could kill over time and heals only with REC per Month.

But, are you more likely to die when somebody impales you on a sword because of it? Or could you start inner beelding after multiple hits of that strenght?

I think "severe hedache, bruising, battering and general illness" is better modelled as a drain to stun. Maybe a Long Term Endurance Loss? APG II 110 has some sugestion to "Diseases and Illness".

Considering that 6E KAs do 1/2d6 STUN, you're not likely to get huge amounts of STUN after defenses. It's meant more for gritty supers settings where no one takes BODY despite getting slammed around with 12d6+ attacks. I also offer it as an alternate rule in Kazei 5 so that people will take some BODY damage from esper Blast attacks.