Alien Wars worth getting..

memorax300

Re: Alien Wars worth getting..

Steve and Darren have stated on the forums that the Star HERO line -- outside of the genre book, which has been a solid seller from the outset -- have sold the most poorly of any of their 5E books, so they don't intend to publish or update anything to do with their existing sci-fi settings. In fact, in light of that decision Steve put most of the alien races from Alien Wars and Terran Empire into the recent Champions Beyond, so they're now the intellectual property of Cryptic Studios.

That is good to know. So I will try to get either a print copy or PDF. A little dissapointed though as I liked Terran Empire and wanted to see more 5E SH converted to 6E. I do hope we see newer stuff for SH at least.

I liked Alien Wars better than Terran Empire, and for a while I ran an Alien War campaign at Herocentral. My campaign centered on a group of civilian trying to escape a doomed mining colony after the Xenovores first attack upon humans. However, the scope of the campaign setting is such that virtually any sub-genre of military science fiction fits somewhere in setting, from human vs human conflicts, to scrappy rebels facing overwhelming odds, to bad@$$ space marines kicking alien butt in the name of Earth.

Consider this a strong recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup:

There are a couple of fine 5E adventures for the Alien Wars setting in Digital Hero, which like most 5E stuff from Hero's online store is now half price:

THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY: Can three races that hate each other set aside their differences long enough to defend their planet in this Alien Wars adventure? DH 20, PAGE 33

YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR: CAPRICORN: This Alien Wars adventure lands your Star Hero characters on an icy lake world full of Xenovores. DH 21, PAGE 13

There's also a third-party adventure for the setting available in PDF from the Hero store, Rescue at Karadonna. I haven't read it so can't recommend it personally, but then, it's only $4.00. ;)