Teleportation 'Destruction' Power...

Arlyansor

Hi All,

Quick question regarding how to build a 5th Ed power...

I'm thinking of a character that can generate a small 'teleportation' field, literally in the palm of her hand.

The effect of this would be that she could casually swipe her hand over, say, a pane of glass, and have the glass directly where her hand passed, basically cease to exist. In effect, she has teleported a small portion of the glass away.

A HtH Kill doesn't have the right feel, though a Major Transform might, but how to define a transform in this circumstance?

I Don't envisage this character using this ability against other people (she has other teleportational tricks for that) but she has the ability to, I don't know, 'dissolve' things at close range - like doors, glass, steel, etc.

I see the effect as being something like the 'eraser' tool in MSPaint or similar...

Any help gratefully received...

Re: Teleportation 'Destruction' Power...

I'd say Tunneling is the best bet. While typically tunneling leaves a hole big enough for a man to travel through, it doesn't HAVE to. You could define it as a hole no larger than the palm of her hand (or possibly, that making a bigger hole requires Extra Time, as she moves her hand around, "erasing" a larger area). One inch of Tunneling vs lots of extra DR would work.

(I have a character whose "lucid dreamer" schtick includes being able to "find" doors and windows that didn't previously exist--the way dream geography often works--and use them. And that is how I built her power. One inch of Tunneling, just enough to make an opening a wall, floor or ceiling, with enough oomph to penetrate anything up to a bank vault's door. I think this would work for your purposes too.)

zero range RKA with no knock back

might flavor with invisible to sound(except for her victims screams of pain)

Transform would not be a good fit as nothing is done till you affect the whole target(no disabling)

you could go with NND does Body(+2)def teleport or force field/wall

or leave it to have to force it's way through def

RKA with something to lower or eliminate Defenses (Armor Peircing, Penetrating, NNO or AVLD to taste and campaign limits). No Knockback, No Range. That's how I would write it up. Tunneling is an alternative or additional power if the character can Teleport large amounts of material in go.

Thanks for the replies guys...

I must admit that I hadn't considered either a NND killing attack, or tunnelling.

Both have a nice 'flavour' feel for this character, for different purposes.

As CrosshairCollie points out, the effect I'm looking for is essentially disintegration, but I hadn't actually thought it out that far.

The character would be a lot squeamish about using this ability on a person, but that's character stuff, not mechanical stuff.

Thanks again.

Arlyansor